1998 Rockwood Premier 1901 ridge problems on propane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MRMANG

Newbie here. Bought a 98 Rockwood popup late last year. Stove worked great on propane but could not get a pilot light for the fridge. Tried to light it with a BBQ lighter, no luck. When the blue flame is on can you see it easily through the tiny peep hole? If the stove worked good then can I eliminate the regulator as a potential issue? We have already booked a weekend in early May just off of Vancouver Island so I'm hoping to get both those appliance working since it could be chilly at night in May.
Michael

I would say if your stove works fine, your propane is not the issue. I would start with a good cleaning and vacuum of the refer pilot area.

so I'm hoping to get both those appliance working since it could be chilly at night in May.
Not sure why would you need the fridge working the keep you warm during those May chilly nights. Or are you talking about the furnace and not about the fridge?

I’ve had that problem with our TT. I light the stove and let it go for a few minutes then turn the fridge on propane and it usually lights. It seems somebody told me at one time that procedure clears the propane lines of any air in the lines that inhibits other appliances from lighting.

Hello Don. My unit is stored away for the winter so I can not get the actual model but it is a Dometic fridge. If it helps I am attaching a picture of the unit of the interior from the original ad and the controls on the outside of the trailer. Michael

Attachments

• Trailer controls.jpg
    Trailer controls.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Fridge interior.jpeg
    Fridge interior.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 3
I would say if your stove works fine, your propane is not the issue. I would start with a good cleaning and vacuum of the refer pilot area.
Hello Spencer. Is the area you are refering to the general area with the controls or something specific? Michael

Attachments

• Trailer controls.jpg
    Trailer controls.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1
I’ve had that problem with our TT. I light the stove and let it go for a few minutes then turn the fridge on propane and it usually lights. It seems somebody told me at one time that procedure clears the propane lines of any air in the lines that inhibits other appliances from lighting.
Hello Oldgator73. I've heard the same so when I tried the stove and worked, I was puzzled what I need to address next to get the other two appliances to work.

Not sure why would you need the fridge working the keep you warm during those May chilly nights. Or are you talking about the furnace and not about the fridge?
Sorry for wording that rather poorly. I would like for our trip in may to have all the appliances working properly. The stove worked great on our first test run last Sept but, I'd like the fridge to be working and especially the heater since our next trip early this May here might be chilly for my wife. Hope that clears it up and I'm open to suggestions. Michael

Yes a good cleaning by the controls. You might even crack open a propane line close by just to let it purge the system, be sure to air out prior to igniting.
See this video, fast forward a bit, but it seems to be same model as yours
RV link

Back
Top Bottom