AIr fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVRAC

Does anyone use an air fryer in their motorhome?  Does it work well?  Does it pull too much amps?  My wife is telling me that we should get one, but we never had.  I was wondering if it takes too much amps when working.

We have one, an off brand model from Amazon similar to this one https://smile.amazon.com/Euhomy-1500W-Comes-Recipes-Cookbook-Accessories/dp/B07B8PS6T3 in our coach, it works well, the only problem is portion size is limited (if overloaded it does not cook well), works great for one person, ok for two, but more than 2 people and you will run into its limitations.  Mostly it is good for cooking frozen "fried" food style items with less grease, french fries, chicken strips, cheese sticks, corn dogs, etc., but is also good for corn on the cob and a few other things.  Power draw is similar to running the microwave, cook times for most frozen items is around 12-15 minutes, though some stuff like corn on the cob takes 20 minutes or so.  Certainly beats dealing with a hot oil fryer in an RV.

We use one at home and take it camping with us occasionally (usually when there is a group and 1 or 2 other air fryers, too). Kim has an awesome Chicken Wing recipe so we'll each set them up and cook in rounds so batches are done at different times (limited portion size as Isaac mentioned - we can get about 16 or so wings in ours). We use it outside to keep smells down and we make sure only 1 big item is running in the camper when we use it (A/C, microwave, water heater).

It's a good Saturday afternoon event coupled with some cold adult beverages - enjoy them as each batch finishes or put them in the oven for a while and eat them all at once!
  • We get whole wings and cut them ourselves but you can also buy pre-cut wings
  • If frozen, thaw first
  • Cook wings in a single layer at 400 for 12 minutes
  • Flip and cook another 12 minutes
  • Remove from fryer & coat with your favorite sauce (we like Buffalo style, of course  ;D )
  • Cook another 8 minutes
  • Crispy on the outside and oh-so juicy on the inside!

If you're going to get one, 1st take a look at the NINJA pressure and crisper cooker. My DW made a chicken pot pie the other night and it was great. We can cook a 5 1/2 lb chicken in it.  It's a little big and a little heavy but other than that we really love it.

Try a Costco pizza in one. Cut in sections to fit and cook at 400 for 4 to 5 minuets or so. Crisps the crust better than a pizza stone. 

Hamburgers did well too.

Any particular brands?  The Ninja mentioned above seems reputable, but several others have bad reviews: Teflon chips off, ?overheated? display code comes on and the unit will not work at all, etc...

Right now I?m looking at just buying the Ninja.

Isaac-1 said:
Don't forget height, my Air Fryer only clears the bottom of the wall cabinet by about 3-4 inches

Ours is the 6.5 qt. I believe and it is just under 13" tall. The 8 qt. is taller.

RVRAC said:
Does anyone use an air fryer in their motorhome?  Does it work well?  Does it pull too much amps?  My wife is telling me that we should get one, but we never had.  I was wondering if it takes too much amps when working.

I have an instant pot that I replaced our crock pot with and added a "air fryer lid" to it as well, so now I can do anything with it.  Mealthy CrispLid for Instant Pot Cooker.  Got one for $49 on amazon day.  Since its just 2 of us, it does all we need to have done

Back
Top Bottom