Battery load test numbers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had the Prodigy also and like yours it was asleep when not in use but I often left my truck sit for more than a month between uses during the winter months and never had any problems. With a diesel truck I did have two group 94 batteries in parallel. My son was also running a Prodigy in his Toyota gas truck that he towed with and had no problems.
I'll find out if the controller is the problem, next week. I plan to to park it in the MH garage for the week and test/ record battery voltage every day at the same time.
The truck will not start/turn over when the battery is at 12.2V/ 65% SOC. Interstate (3x) and Sams Club(1X) testing shows the battery is good.
Battery connections have been removed, cleaned, re-tightened. I have not tested battery cables for high resistance.
The 12V wire to the M&G braking system has been in place since 2013 without this problem, but I removed the 5A fuse and it didn't change the DC amp-draw with engine not running.
The RV shop that installed the Prodigy(I'd had it for years-new in box) said it is old technology and has been replaced with a new electronic design.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foogie
Back
Top Bottom