Campground ambience in eclipse season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura & Charles

Could be anywhere. Originally from Ohio. Go Bucks!
So we got to our site yesterday at an Ohio state park pretty much on midline of the path of tomorrow’s moon shadow. Overnight lows have been near freezing. These are not the typical state park type campers. I was talking with Laura how there’s a festival or almost cult-like flavor to this crowd.
Then the SS Bumper Pull docked in the site next door:

IMG_2577.jpeg
IMG_2572.jpeg
IMG_2571.jpeg

It’s permanently attached to a boat trailer (or part of a boat trailer).

Last edited:
I have seen more customized vans and various modified box trucks than I have ever seen in a traditional campground. We are in a 55+ private park, and there are still a few spots available at 3:00 pm on Sunday. I figure there were cancellations since when I made my reservations 15 months ago I was on a waitlist for a while.

Cool! I had a friend that was into boating and traveled coast to coast.. He stopped overnight at RV parks and stayed on the boat, a Lake Michigan cruiser.

I have seen more customized vans and various modified box trucks than I have ever seen in a traditional campground. We are in a 55+ private park, and there are still a few spots available at 3:00 pm on Sunday. I figure there were cancellations since when I made my reservations 15 months ago I was on a waitlist for a while.
A 55+ private park with empty spots…probably some older folks that made reservations were being a bit optimistic about their health.😎

Looks like they were attached to their boat.

I'm attached to my pickup I've had for 42 years. If the front end got wrecked and the bed was not damaged I'd turn it into a 2 wheel trailer. Especially because I can reach into the center of the bed without a step ladder.

And since it has a much lower center of gravity than new trucks, with heavy springs, shocks, and sway bar, maybe put a vintage truck camper on it. I talked to a guy at a campground with one. He claimed it pulled straighter and took corners better than a conventional camp trailer. Don't know if that is true but it makes some sense. He showed me because the bed rails were 6+" lower allowing more overhang width and the beds were square not tapered, campers for old trucks had more interior storage space.

Looks like they were attached to their boat.

I'm attached to my pickup I've had for 42 years. If the front end got wrecked and the bed was not damaged I'd turn it into a 2 wheel trailer. Especially because I can reach into the center of the bed without a step ladder.

And since it has a much lower center of gravity than new trucks, with heavy springs, shocks, and sway bar, maybe put a vintage truck camper on it. I talked to a guy at a campground with one. He claimed it pulled straighter and took corners better than a conventional camp trailer. Don't know if that is true but it makes some sense. He showed me because the bed rails were 6+" lower allowing more overhang width and the beds were square not tapered, campers for old trucks had more interior storage space.
Yep, my cousins son bought a new Chevy 1T single rear wheel pickup. I can't even see into his truck bed.
My old 1952 Ford 3/4T, like you, I could reach anything in the bed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom