fiberglass body panel to steel bracket adhesive recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Professor David

I'm removing the front fender (valance around the front wheel) of my rig for repair and repainting. Some of the fiberglass panels are attached to steel brackets with a gray adhesive. Must be intense adhesive though I've looked around the rig and some of these have failed and need to be redone.

Please recommend the correct specific/brand adhesive to use on this job. Any additional suggestions on clamping, set time, etc... would be greatly appreciated my friends.

My 2004 American Tradition was similar and the brackets were held on with an epoxy resin. I had to re-attach a couple that broke loose after some years. I roughed up the old adhesive as best I could and applied new epoxy and then reinforced with fiberglass cloth (roving) laminated over the bracket to prevent a re-occurrence. I used stuff from the local auto parts store.

Henkel adhesive by Loc-Tite is weather proof and bonds to non porous surfaces. It's commonly used to bond undermount sinks to granite countertops. Some of those sinks are quite heavy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom