Fishing Reels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Broke Boater said:
Penn, Shimano, Okuma have reels in the 80.00-100.00 range,,,gregg
I should of added in a spinner.  You'll have to call your own fouls here as far as price point. Go to a outdoor shop that has a large selection and put your hands on a couple different ones and come back with a narrowed down list for people to chime in on. Otherwise you'll just get their favorite brand choice without any comparable counter brands and experiences ,,,gregg

Depends on what & where & how often you fish.  My small (2500-4000) Sal****er spinning reels all cost over $200, but I have $30 reels for grandkids & guests (disposable). Drags, gears, frame material all contribute to performance when needed.  Trolling offshore reels take a lot of abuse, yet cheap old Penns hold up...and some of the newer ones don?t last a season!  Take them apart, replace a few bearings, and difference becomes clear.    Idk about fly reels, have a very expensive one (a gift) and 3 cheap..they just hold line in my limited view.

we are planning to go to gulf shores the first week of April and I have always wanted to fish in the ocean. Most all my gear was for grandchildren and some myself, I'm not much of a fisherman but, want to be more. I have an 8' medium pole thats never been used and just ordered Penn Pursuit II Spinning 5000 Fishing Reel from amazon by some peoples recommendations and, reviews are good. For me it should do all I want and who knows if I will ever use it again

Back
Top Bottom