Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristim

This is a very strange one. Thought I’d ask here, Atleast.
So we bought a small rv in 2018. I became very sick with something called CIRS. We traded rv for a bigger one. Then stupidly a 3rd. ( long story) lived fulltime though for a few years. It’s a 5th wheel with the toy hauler. Keystone alpine. It was used but it was nice 2016. They painted and did some new panels for the curtains. Anyhow fast forward to 2021 sept a hurricane came through and water got into the slide up under floor in a corner. We then took it to the dealership and filed insurance. It was over $9,000 in damage. They denied it because they said there was previous water damage. Caveat, I cannot be in water damage because again, I have something that was caused by water damage and I get very sick around water damage. Jokes on them! Anyhow, we hauled it to New Mexico ( long story) we put it in storage. We got got a call back in December it had been broken into. They stole the TVs and broke the door etc. filed insurance again and they said it’s $3,500 in damage. Our deductible is $5000. Gotta love it. Anyhow we are $58,000 in debt because of this situation. We are military. Husbsnd has a too secret clearance that he cannot jeapordize by letting this go. So now we have a tiny bit of water damaged floor and the damages from the cholos. Anyhow, most people with normal immune systems could fix and live or keep it. Me having this illness makes this impossible I will not be able to live or be in this thing. It’s complicated because of my illness. Anyhow what can we do? Is it too late to go after this water damage claim? It’s been over year and half but we are trying to figure out if it’s too late?

Thank you for your time!

start by calling your insurance company and get as much info as possible about reopening a claim. if you fail to get results that you are happy with, file a claim with the florida department of insurance. i dont think florida requires insurance arbitration.

putting the insurance claim aside for a moment, it may be time to get the rv fixed up and sold. use friends or someone that can economically make the repairs and sell it.

Thank you for your honest reply. My husband has an appointment with the Jag office which is an attorney for the military. Main issue with fixing it up is we have it in New Mexico while we are finishing up military assignment in Florida. Thought it might be worth reopening the claim and trying to go that route. One good thing is it can’t be hit by another hurricane out in New Mexico.
Thanks again!

Time to sell it and take the loss. Find a way to finance the loss so the sale won't impact the security clearance.

If you are $58k in debt, even if you can successfully get an insurance claim for $9k, you'll still be $49k in debt. Selling it and eliminating the storage fees will help.

Sorry about your situation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stubblejumper
Back
Top Bottom