Houston to Disneyworld

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skipper

Will travel to Disneyworld from Houston during November. Planning to stay at Harvest Host spots to and from which we have neve done. Asking for location recommendations. Thanks!

We have done the FL trip many times from our home in Pearland. I don’t know what kind of RV you have or how much experience you have but here is some input. First, I-10 is a scary mess west of Beaumont, see other post. You may want to take Old 90. Our first stop is Fairview Riverside SP in Mandeville LA, a beautiful park and excellent seafood restaurant nearby. Then we camp in FL state parks that are all very nice. Falling Water and Suwanee River are great. At Disney World we stayed twice at the Fort Wilderness campground, absolutely first rate. Good luck with your trip.

We have done the FL trip many times from our home in Pearland. I don’t know what kind of RV you have or how much experience you have but here is some input. First, I-10 is a scary mess west of Beaumont, see other post. You may want to take Old 90. Our first stop is Fairview Riverside SP in Mandeville LA, a beautiful park and excellent seafood restaurant nearby. Then we camp in FL state parks that are all very nice. Falling Water and Suwanee River are great. At Disney World we stayed twice at the Fort Wilderness campground, absolutely first rate. Good luck with your trip.
Thank you. Been RVing many years but never boondocked. Know IH 10 very well. Always stayed in RV parks but wife wants to try Harvest Host sites. Travel in Class A motorhome.

Then we camp in FL state parks that are all very nice. Falling Water and Suwanee River are great. At Disney World we stayed twice at the Fort Wilderness campground, absolutely first rate. Good luck with your trip.
I don't have any experience RVing there, but the Florida State Caverns park in Marianna is also a beautiful place to visit.

Better check on the amount of damage the Orlando area suffered. I haven’t heard anything, but haven’t searched either. Anything Disney would be near the bottom of my priority list, your mileage may vary.

I will be interested in your experiences with Harvest Host on your trip. We have family in FL and are Astro fans, been to spring training 3 times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RVMan78
Back
Top Bottom