Knee boarding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A friend asked Chris to keep an eye open for a knee board for their grandkids. She said "I think Tom kept ours" and, sure enough, I had it in a shed in the original box. Sent the friend a photo of champion knee boarder Grandma Chris showing how it's done.

Attachments

• Knee board.jpg
    Knee board.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Chris-kneebard.jpg
    Chris-kneebard.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 18
That hurts my knees looking at that :cool: . We were always basic water skiers, we all got decent on 1. I still have trainers with skies tied together and a rope that moma held onto.

That hurts my knees looking at that :cool: . We were always basic water skiers, we all got decent on 1. I still have trainers with skies tied together and a rope that moma held onto.
Reminds me I need to dig our waterskis out of the attic and get rid of them.
We didn't take to watersports until our early 30's. Took me forever to get up on skis the first time, and eventually graduated to a single ski. Chris took to the knee board right away. Neither of us could do it nowadays with our replacement joints.

I just gave my grandsons and son in law my original water skis I started on back in the mid 50’s. I also gave them my trick skies/turn-a-round., I had another pair of skies I used and they wanted but I refused. They were my feet.

A friend asked Chris to keep an eye open for a knee board for their grandkids. She said "I think Tom kept ours" and, sure enough, I had it in a shed in the original box. Sent the friend a photo of champion knee boarder Grandma Chris showing how it's done.
That's cheating. I learned to kneeboard on one that didn't have slots for your knees. It was more of a bellyboard. :cool:

Anyone remember these? We called them a surfboard. It was about 2 1/2’ wide and just under 4’ long. There was a rope tied through a couple of holes on the front and it went to the boat. You would stand toward the back and then there was a wooden handle for you to hold onto similar to a ski rope handle that was tied to the front of the board. That was a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom