Looking Wiring Diagrams Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davbell25413

1983 Chevy MTR H
455.7 engine with turbo 400 trany

Im looking for bumper to bumper wiring diagrams for the living courters and start/drive wiring. The shop manual I have for this had no wiring diagrams in it. Thanks in advance.

Winnebago has diagrams back to 1990 see here. These won't match your RV but the concepts are similar.

OP is expecting alot. The chassis of a motor home has wiring done by the chassis mfg, (Ford, Chevy, etc) and If you buy original factory manuals, the diagrams should be there. As far as the wiring diagrams you want for the coach, the coach builders, especially that far back, most likely sketched something out on paper and let the people on the shop floor sort it out.

Charles

As others have noted Chassis wiring (Truck part) is Chassis maker save for Marker lights and there the chassis maker provides a connecton and the body builder provides the lights (Same for heat/tail/tuirn) but the chassis diagram will be good up to that point.

House wiring is VIN specific. two of the same make/modle/style/same options/ (in short identical rigs) Wired by two different electricians may be different.

Heres the vin if that helps any 1GBJP37W5E3300400. Theres also ID tag on the outside of the fiberglass wall near the drivers door its says Riverside from California

That is indeed a Chevy P30 motorhome chassis - see VIN Decoder - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums
And the RV body was probably built by Fleetwood, maybe at their Riverside CA plant (or maybe that was just the headquarters location). You won't find any wiring or plumbing diagrams for it - Fleetwood-Southwind never provided any except for the assembly line workers.

Here's an old P30 chassis manual that ought to include your model-year.

That is indeed a Chevy P30 motorhome chassis - see VIN Decoder - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums
And the RV body was probably built by Fleetwood, maybe at their Riverside CA plant (or maybe that was just the headquarters location). You won't find any wiring or plumbing diagrams for it - Fleetwood-Southwind never provided any except for the assembly line workers.

Here's an old P30 chassis manual that ought to include your model-year.
I found that chassis service manual too but couldnt find what years it covered.

I believe that Gary is right. I know that we bought a 1987 Allegro that was on the GM, P30 chassis and that manual did cover it.

I doubt that you would find much help as it wouldn't have any electrical or plumbing drawings.
Actually it did have the wiring diagram for the living courters, generator, ac/heat and propane

Are you doing a remodel, restoration, or just repairs? Sounds like you have quite a project.
Trying to repair the wiring. PO burnt up some the wiring trying to bypass the generator so it wouldnt come on. Plus its possible mice ate some of the wiring for living courters because PO lost power when they were living in the rv.

Has the RV sat empty, or been occupied the entire time? Part of the challenge is that with an RV that is now 40 years old, there is a good chance that someone has made significant changes to the wiring.
PO burnt up some the wiring trying to bypass the generator so it wouldnt come on.
I can't believe that a 1984 Southwind had an automatic starting generator so it's hard to tell what they were trying to do. The auto start or a remote start would have been 12V powered. Does most of the 12V system work?

Has the RV sat empty, or been occupied the entire time? Part of the challenge is that with an RV that is now 40 years old, there is a good chance that someone has made significant changes to the wiring.

I can't believe that a 1984 Southwind had an automatic starting generator so it's hard to tell what they were trying to do. The auto start or a remote start would have been 12V powered. Does most of the 12V system work?
Nope no power anywhere.

Its going to be a big job. Pick a place to start and 1 step at a time. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom