M&G Brake System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smoky

One last comment from me. I purchased a coach new with a Spartan chassis. I had the M&G installed by an M&G dealer. I have had Spartan do whatever warranty work was needed on the coach, both at an authorized Spartan shop and the Spartan factory and never a peep about the M&G installation or that my warranty was no good.

I agree Bernie. I doubt there would be any problem with a quality M&G installation.  I don't think Spartan would challange anything unless it was evident that the M&G intsallation caused something to happen and with a good installer that is unlikely.

Geesh guys, I never said I could not sneak under the warranty.

I wonder how much thought the two of you gave to all this before you installed the M&G? 

I am in the fortunate position of having time to research this BEFORE I commit myself.  No need to deny me that privilege is there?  I might end up sneaking in under the warranty myself, but no need to rush that decision.  Half the fun of waiting for a motorhome delivery is doing the continuing research.  How else am I going to occupy this awful waiting time lol!

Ron you said, "Spartan cannot legally just cancel the warranty on the complete chassis because the M&G is installed."

That is a pretty factual statement, or at least it sounds like one.  You could clear this up in a heartbeat if you would show me what clause of the MF act (which you and Bernie have referred me to) that specifies that.  So far I can't find it, but it that might be my lack of legal reading skill.  Sounds to me like you know exactly where to find it.

As for the rest of your comments Ron I am indeed following them, or at least I thought I said so up the thread.  However the manufacture is only required (per MF act) to provide the written warranty to the dealer.  And the dealer is required to provide it to the consumer.  That is why I am also contacting the dealer, as I mentioned up above.

Instead of ?double-teaming? me to just accept hearsay, it would be more helpful to me if you could point me to whatever source convinced you and Bernie in the first place.  I am not from Missouri, but in my research I am indeed asking for a lot of "show me"!  :D

I agree that Spartan cannot hold up the entire warranty on an air brake redesign.  But an air brake problem is not an impossibility and I want to be fully prepared for that eventuality.

Somehow I have the feeling there must have been a harsh debate here on the forum on M&G brakes in the past.  Please keep in mind if that happened, I was not a part of it, and I am not trying to argue pro or con on M&G brakes,. In fact my first choice remains the M&G.  I am just trying right now to learn as much as I can before I have to make a decision.

Smoly,

I'm no legal expert either but just going by what I have been told or read in the past.  The very least thing I would do is write a letter as I suggested before and see if Spartan is wiliing to put all this in writing.  Just giving them the impression you have been advised by an attorney may convience them to do the checking for you by consulting their legal department be fore responding.  If they reply in writing then you have a pretty good idea that they have been advised by their attorneys before they responded and however they respond would give you a basis on which to make a informaed decision.

If it were me I would also put a cc on the letter as if I was copying somebody else.

We arn't trying to gang up on you but trying to be helpful. 

Back
Top Bottom