Our Electric indoor Galleria Li3, and making Coffee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The confusing thing is that in an AC system volts * Amps may or may not = Watts.
On the big resistor burner.. Volts*amps = Watts
On "inductive" most anything inductive like motors Volts*Amps*Power factor = Watts .
Took me 40 years to figure that out.

The confusing thing is that in an AC system volts * Amps may or may not = Watts.
On the big resistor burner.. Volts*amps = Watts
On "inductive" most anything inductive like motors Volts*Amps*Power factor = Watts .
Took me 40 years to figure that out.
I do understand the overall concept of what you stated above. I kind of think, of it all in this way. The Water held in by the Dam are VOLTS mass, OHM- as the Water Gate lifts. Then the river as AMPS, is the speed of the river. High to Low 50 AMPS, 30 AMPS, 120V-AMPS, down into watts has to do with whatever needs to "REACH" WATTS output. (again the tree and bushes, grass, need different watts. Crazy but how I understand it in my head and small one watt brain. All work together kind of like this photo below. Now AMP to me is the flowing and speed of the river. RUSHING SPEED. But trust me when I say this is not my area of study, so I'm sure someone in the know can punch holes in this concept of mine. lol
aaaOIP.jpg

The A/C on the Coachmen Galleria is a 12V and I may have a photo for you. But you can find a lot of information on this link:
CLICK HERE I've gone through 100s of photos without finding my A/C and I know I took a photo. I can also get you a photo of the FIREFLY display of the A/C output. Let me know what would help you from my end on the VAN. As I can take a photo of the Firefly display if that would help. Thanks..

Last edited:
Whew, this discussion is getting pretty deep into the weeds. The Coachman Li3 comes with a 630 amp hour, 12 volt lithium battery. It's usually easier to think in terms of watt-hours instead of amps or amp-hours because watts stay the same at any voltage in contrast to amps which directly change inversely to the voltage. 1 amp at 120 volts equals 120 watts, the same as 10 amps at 12 volts. 630 amp-hours at 12 volts is 7,650 watt-hours or 7.65 Kilowatt-hours.

Get a Kill-A-Watt meter and use it to see how many watt-hours your coffeemaker and other AC appliances use. Or just see how much power they draw from the battery using the battery's Bluetooth monitor.

Whew, this discussion is getting pretty deep into the weeds. The Coachman Li3 comes with a 630 amp hour, 12 volt lithium battery. It's usually easier to think in terms of watt-hours instead of amps or amp-hours because watts stay the same at any voltage in contrast to amps which directly change inversely to the voltage. 1 amp at 120 volts equals 120 watts, the same as 10 amps at 12 volts. 630 amp-hours at 12 volts is 7,650 watt-hours or 7.65 Kilowatt-hours.

Get a Kill-A-Watt meter and use it to see how many watt-hours your coffeemaker and other AC appliances use. Or just see how much power they draw from the battery using the battery's Bluetooth monitor.
Here some more info: Click Here

I attached talks about boiling water on the induction cooktop up to 500 degrees to boil water in less than 1 a min and 30 seconds pulling 5 watts.
I don't see any links to talks but will comment on the values given.

1Btu = 1lb of water one degree, in one hour.

It takes one watt of electrical power one hour to gain 3.41Btu. 5 watts would be 17.06Btu

Assuming starting with room temperature water to 212F, that's ~140F increase.

Decreasing the amount of water from one pound to go from 72F to 212F in a minute and a half with 5 watts/17.06Btu input would be, if I have my mass/volume conversions right, is just over 1 tablespoon of water. That's assuming no losses to ambient (radiated and conducted heat from the vessel). More water would take more time, or more Btu which is more watts. Induction may be more efficient in terms of localizing heat to the vessel vs flame or infrared but it can't multiply Btu. So strictly in terms of watts in to warm water the 5W story is implausible at best.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I don't see any links to talks but will comment on the values given.

1Btu = 1lb of water one degree, in one hour.

It takes one watt of electrical power one hour to gain 3.41Btu. 5 watts would be 17.06Btu

Assuming starting with room temperature water to 212F, that's ~140F increase.

Decreasing the amount of water from one pound to go from 72F to 212F in a minute and a half with 5 watts/17.06Btu input would be, if I have my mass/volume conversions right, is just over 1 tablespoon of water. That's assuming no losses to ambient (radiated and conducted heat from the vessel). More water would take more time, or more Btu which is more watts. Induction may be more efficient in terms of localizing heat to the vessel vs flame or infrared but it can't multiply Btu. So strictly in terms of watts in to warm water the 5W story is implausible at best.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM
TRUE, it is as the twin induction cooktops pull 16000 watts. The 5 watt, is not correct, recalling my state of charge had dropped 5%. Which, I wrote without truly thinking through what all I was doing. A simple coffee pot would have been a better way to go. But when I make French Pressed coffee at home I bring the temp up to 195F and drop in the coffee grounds. Then I mix and let them float for 3 full minutes. Then press them to the bottom and serve. Like I said I'm not an electrician and don't fully understand all the systems. What I like best is the peace, and quiet. Jumping back to the 5% drop. I know, if the state of charge drops to between 39%-to-32% I do a recharge back up to a 100% STC, on the day in question, I was making coffee on the induction cooktop. I had a few lights on as well as the A/C running. while the wife was taking a shower with a Tuma comb on. I'm thinking from the time I checked until I re-checked the SOC had dropped 5% I called it 5 Watts, sorry shoot me. Now pushing forward 4 months I was mixed up with STC or change and watts, Ohms, and Volts AMP running through my head. I'm no barista, and still learning how things work. The website Click Here is a fellow Galleria owner and where I have been trying to understand all this new to me stuff like Lithium, XtransX Truma, and Inverter. Which took me 2 years to learn that was in the wheel well seat box. All to make it work when I need the system to work.

Well, I think you have a good data point in a ~5% hit for a "coffee cycle". And it's mostly immaterial whether it's induction, microwave or resistive element - the major portion of the energy is going into heating water and I can totally appreciate the silent part. You got all these gadgets so you can do this very thing so I wouldn't think much past what roast or grind or whatever you'll have next. I know I don't give my battery charge or energy usage a second thought beyond not running out before morning.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Well, Mark,
In the three years we have had the van. We have only made a few long trips to Tennessee, North Georgia and to see the Grandchildren, in Utah. Lastly two camping trips. So we are far from being full-timers and my learning about the van is when I'm in the VAN. Our Class A we had were all much more strate forward as both were pushers. Great for long trips and sitting down for a few weeks at a time. Making a simple cup of Coffee was never an issue. I have had some small issues, but they have been fixed with "duck tape" I'm joking. The first issue was a buzzing sound every 30 seconds. I soon learned the Bluetooth in the awning needed a battery change. The next was having issues with Firefly as drops, and the whole VAN power system would go dead. Then after a walk-through, I learned I was not alone with this problem and was sent a newer Module from Firefly. Was a very easy change and fix. It was after owning a year and being asked about the inverter I learned was in the seat box over the driver's side wheel well box. Just learned you can only upload no more than ten photos at a time.

thumbnail_IMG_1965.jpg

Attachments

• B757FDBB-266D-42EA-A304-29CA3DF250ED.JPG
    B757FDBB-266D-42EA-A304-29CA3DF250ED.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Vega touch Eclipes.jpg
    Vega touch Eclipes.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Van out of Utah.jpg
    Van out of Utah.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1
  • ProAirElectra-Kool.JPG