Same as $17 Per Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Losing your freedoms is relative, laws against lynching restrict the freedom of the kkk to drag black men from their beds in the middle of the night.

Losing your freedoms is relative, laws against lynching restrict the freedom of the kkk to drag black men from their beds in the middle of the night.
OH come on let’s not be ridiculous. No one has freedom to hurt or kill others.

Last edited:
Depends on how "freedom" is defined. If not defined in advance, it's just a meaningless BS word.

Yes, we have more laws almost every day to restrict our freedoms.

FWIW, we do not have freedom with vehicles. Countless laws, such as we must all wear seatbelts. But I think of such as agreements.

Such as give up some of your constitutional rights to board a commercial aircraft. If you do not agree, no problem, just do not fly and you then will not be searched. Same goes with seatbelt laws, OBD2, and countless other things our government will decide for us, but only if we choose to drive, fly, etc. Don't drive, keep your freedoms. Or drive with an agreement to give up a few.

I cannot say I have a problem with any of it. However, I wore a seatbelt and used a helmet while motorcycle riding long before we had laws on such.

-Don- Reno, NV
I have problem with seatbelts too, but it is what it is. You have no problem with any of it?? Well you are obviously against ICE as you want them all gone eventually.
It’s becoming glaring obvious that we are on complete opposite ends of spectrum. But I accept your likes and desires for EV. but you want all ICE gone eventually. All take. No give.

Well you are obviously against ICE as you want them all gone eventually.
Nope, I, cannot say I care much one way or the other. But I prefer EV over ICE in most cases. ICE defiantly has its purpose for now. However, that will probably change someday and then we all have EV--unless they come up with something even better.

Perhaps something like this will be the car of the future:

-Don- Reno, NV

Mods: why do you allow an rv and camping related forum to devolve into this mindless political bickering on a continually basis? I'm so tired of the divisiveness in the world in general that I can't stand to see it seep into this space as well.

That’s just too funny to be beyond ridiculous, here’s just an excerpt from Texas’ articles and here’s Mississippi. Want more, just ask. Here’s Ga. too..
Please post your source link because I didn't find anything on Google searching for "articles of secession". I did find "Secession Ordinances of 13 Confederate States" which they submitted to Congress as their "Secession Acts" which is what I referred to. Here are my links:

Digital History

Secession Acts of the Thirteen Confederate States

Please post your source link because I didn't find anything on Google searching for "articles of secession". I did find "Secession Ordinances of 13 Confederate States" which they submitted to Congress as their "Secession Acts" which is what I referred to. Here are my links:

Digital History

Digital History

We’re done, I know when I’m up against experience. Have a great day.

I have problem with seatbelts too, but it is what it is. You have no problem with any of it?? Well you are obviously against ICE as you want them all gone eventually.
It’s becoming glaring obvious that we are on complete opposite ends of spectrum. But I accept your likes and desires for EV. but you want all ICE gone eventually. All take. No give.

That's probably an incorrect assumption about Don and most EV owners, really, including myself. I don't think most of them wish ICE to go away. I enjoy the EV we own, but at the end of the day, it's transportation. My hobbies are parked over in the shop. Three cars, each with a different generation of small block Chevy V8, and a jacked up Wrangler (not 4xe). And a diesel motorhome.

Mods: why do you allow an rv and camping related forum to devolve into this mindless political bickering on a continually basis? I'm so tired of the divisiveness in the world in general that I can't stand to see it seep into this space as well.

If you can identify the individual who forced you to open the Electric Vehicles discussion forum and then made sure you read to the end of this thread, I'm sure they will be disciplined accordingly.

EV technology & its pro & cons seem to be a popular topic among members, so the Electric Vehicles "forum" was created to keep those discussions all in one place. That way folks who aren't interested can simply skip over messages in that category.

Don't those laws give black men the freedom of not being dragged out of their bed in the middle of the night by the KKK?

Don't those laws give black men the freedom of not being dragged out of their bed in the middle of the night by the KKK?
That’s a specious argument. The KKK does not enjoy the freedom to drag anybody out of their beds in the middle of the night without consequences. Black men have the freedom to shoot and kill (in some states) folks that are not law enforcement that are dragging them out of bed in the middle of the night.

OH come on let’s not be ridiculous. No one has freedom to hurt or kill others.
I think you mean, no one has the right to hurt or kill others - but people are freely killed in many urban areas even in this country on a daily basis. Several big cities, including Chicago, have seen the number of murder cases resulting in at least one arrest dip into the low to mid-30% range. That means people are freely killing other people because they are getting away with most of the murders.

That’s a specious argument. The KKK does not enjoy the freedom to drag anybody out of their beds in the middle of the night without consequences. Black men have the freedom to shoot and kill (in some states) folks that are not law enforcement that are dragging them out of bed in the middle of the night.
I misspoke in my reply above.
Freedom is the absence of coercion or constraint such that an individual can direct their own life. A right is an entitlement that a society owes an individual.
No, it gives them the right to not be dragged out of bed.
I would say folks have the right to enjoy the freedom to feel safe from being dragged out of their beds by anybody in the middle of the night.

Sadly no they do not... The KKK ignores the laws. they are a Criminal origination. There is more but beyond that I'd be treading on dangerous ground.

The reason they wear hoods... So they don't get .. well at one time hung. today prison for life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDL
Back
Top Bottom