SF Bay Area gas prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can appreciate the difficulty in moderating.

It just seems obvious to me that posting a thread about gas prices is going to turn into bait and will eventually go downhill like just about every "gas price" thread. Which leaves me wondering why a moderator would choose to make such a post and then act surprised (or innocent) when comments start taking a turn.
No act on my part, but some folks just can't stop themselves turning discussions negative. There really is no need of it, unless someone has an agenda/intent to disrupt discussions. How would you suggest we handle discussions that look like they're about to head south or are already there?

No act on my part, but some folks just can't stop themselves turning discussions negative. There really is no need of it, unless someone has an agenda/intent to disrupt discussions. How would you suggest we handle discussions that look like they're about to head south or are already there?

Honest feedback? If I were a moderator? I would have chopped the discussion starting here:

I learned a long time ago that nothing is free. Someone or everyone is paying for your charge.

That is the point when I would have identified the conversation is about to take a turn for the worst and may need cleanup. If these kinds of slights are allowed, then I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect response in kind.

Honest feedback? If I were a moderator? I would have chopped the discussion starting here:

"I learned a long time ago that nothing is free. Someone or everyone is paying for your charge."

That is the point when I would have identified the conversation is about to take a turn for the worst and may need cleanup. If these kinds of slights are allowed, then I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect response in kind.
But that was a true statement.

... I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect response in kind.
Our forum rules specifically request:

... please do not respond "in kind" to any perceived offense by another member.

No worries, I wasn't trying to single out your reply. In fact, I didn't see anything 'wrong' with it.

But you seem to take issue when someone offers another perspective on something that is untrue? I'm so confused, Tom....it appears you're saying someone can make a punch with an untrue statement but nobody can offer a reply to that. Or, should I just chalk it up to some sort of bias and personal beliefs behind your moderation strategy?

But you seem to take issue when someone offers another perspective on something that is untrue? I'm so confused, Tom....it appears you're saying someone can make a punch with an untrue statement but nobody can offer a reply to that. Or, should I just chalk it up to some sort of bias and personal beliefs behind your moderation strategy?
I have no idea what your issue or agenda is, but we're here to help keep things moving in a harmonious way. We don't judge the correctness or accuracy of someone's comment, and I'm really at a loss to understand why you'd think I have "some sort of bias and personal beliefs behind (my) moderation".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom