Shaving In The Shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't shave in the shower but just went through a chemo treatment on my head and face to kill the pre-cancer cells. My face and head was very inflamed in red spots especially my nose. It's getting better. I have to do this every few years to prevent a full blown cancer.
I had surgery last month so am shaving around the incision site. Have to do it by touch. The photo is before I started shaving my head. The surgery was for Basal Cell carcinoma. I also had a squamous cell in the same vicinity a few years ago. Fifteen years ago I had chondro sarcoma in my left thumb. Had surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. You have to keep up with this stuff, any changes in your body has to be looked at.
Are you referring to cryogenic treatment where they freeze pre cancers? I don’t think you can get chemo directed at a certain body part. I gat cryo treatment every six months.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpeg
    IMG_2362.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I had surgery last month so am shaving around the incision site. Have to do it by touch. The photo is before I started shaving my head. The surgery was for Basal Cell carcinoma. I also had a squamous cell in the same vicinity a few years ago. Fifteen years ago I had chondro sarcoma in my left thumb. Had surgery at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. You have to keep up with this stuff, any changes in your body has to be looked at.
Are you referring to cryogenic treatment where they freeze pre cancers? I don’t think you can get chemo directed at a certain body part. I gat cryo treatment every six months.
Looks like they removed a lot of tissue. How is it healing up? Looks a bit tender

I get the cryo treatment every six months or so too. I was describing a totally different treatment. It's cream application containing 5-FU usually applied 2 times a day for about 5 days or so. 5-FU specifically kills the precancer cells. The dermatologist can't detect the small/early precancer lesions to apply the cryo treatment. I done this every few years on the top of my bald head for the last 10 years but this was the first time also on my face.
See this:

Looks like they removed a lot of tissue. How is it healing up? Looks a bit tender

I get the cryo treatment every six months or so too. I was describing a totally different treatment. It's cream application containing 5-FU usually applied 2 times a day for about 5 days or so. 5-FU specifically kills the precancer cells. The dermatologist can't detect the small/early precancer lesions to apply the cryo treatment. I done this every few years on the top of my bald head for the last 10 years but this was the first time also on my face.
See this:
Yeah, it’s still pretty tender. I’ve seen the aftermath of that treatment on YouTube. It looks painful.

Because of the work I did in the military I couldn’t wear jewelry so I did not wear a watch or wedding ring. Still don’t after being retired from the military for 25 years. Have you ever seen a ring avulsion?
As a high voltage Journeyman Electrician for the last 12 years of work before retirement, jewelry was not on my list of things to wear either. Even our safety shoes/boots had a fiber vs. metal toe for protection.

Yeah, we had to wear fiberglass toed boots.
The very best part was getting dressed out in FR pants and shirt, then donning a 50 kal suit......pants, jacket, hood, hearing protection, and of course the 15KV high voltage gloves.......when it was 90+ degrees and the humidity was high. Suiting up and then waiting for the power dispatcher to give clearance on the switching procedure........and he gets a phone call and you get put on hold while he's busy.....drip, drip, drip, drip. :ROFLMAO:

I miss the guys that I worked with and the fun times we had, but retirement is absolutely a wonnerful thang!

That kinda resembles the after-effect of a #8 iron skillet_. 1710127800209.gif

Been a shower shaver for 45 years. Irish spring washes everything no shampoo. Been cutting my own hair too but not in shower, found that out the hard way with the electric clippers.

I was reminded of my cousin and her family. They always had a gas MH, and their son was the adventurous type. He would take a shower while his dad was driving. I don't think he was old enough to require a shave though.
Oldgator; I have a 4" scar and a depression in my skull, the result of not ducking while entering the escape hatch on my horse trailer.
In the ER the Dr allowed my wife to watch while he sewed my scalp back down. DW said the Dr picked up my scalp and showed her my skull before beginning to stitch.
That scar and depression is the only reason I don't shave my head; it causes too many questions.

I was reminded of my cousin and her family. They always had a gas MH, and their son was the adventurous type. He would take a shower while his dad was driving. I don't think he was old enough to require a shave though.
Oldgator; I have a 4" scar and a depression in my skull, the result of not ducking while entering the escape hatch on my horse trailer.
In the ER the Dr allowed my wife to watch while he sewed my scalp back down. DW said the Dr picked up my scalp and showed her my skull before beginning to stitch.
That scar and depression is the only reason I don't shave my head; it causes too many questions.
Seems like a bragging scar to me. Of course, my story would be more dramatic than "I banged my head on a trailer hatch". :cool:

I hit that cross=bar so hard with my head I thought I broke my neck too. It knocked me to my knees. Nope no CIA agent stuff, I was just entering to check if I needed to scoop out horse apples.

I hit that cross=bar so hard with my head I thought I broke my neck too. It knocked me to my knees. Nope no CIA agent stuff, I was just entering to check if I needed to scoop out horse apples.
When I was fresh in the Navy, I was climbing a ladder with a heavy toolbox over my head and whacked my head on the flange of the hatch. Knocked me unconscious and I woke up in sick bay. I was told that the guy above me had grabbed the toolbox handle just as I let go, but it weighed about 50# and would have yanked him down the hatch if the guy behind him hadn't grabbed his belt. I had already fallen about 8-feet to the deck, if that toolbox had landed on me it certainly would have killed me.

Back
Top Bottom