Tesla bad for environment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
excellent opinion of EV's
I don't care about opinions, just the facts, please. And when it comes to pollution, just the complete picture, not only just any one part of it.

Nevertheless, I didn't find anything inaccurate in a quick read of that article.

-Don- Reno, NV

I don't care about opinions, just the facts, please. And when it comes to pollution, just the complete picture, not only just any one part of it.

Nevertheless, I didn't find anything inaccurate in a quick read of that article.

-Don- Reno, NV
I said opinion, however that article is a technical article written my MIT.

Last edited:
As I said previously, some types of destruction are better than other types of destruction. That is about the best we can do. Destroy some trees to save a few is better than destroying trees to destroy even more trees.

I agree but we have acres and acres of factories... Sitting there empty (And warehouses) many have rail lines running right up to them.. Why destroy a forest when you can either refurbish or destroy and rebuild an existing facility.??? (Greed that's why the owners of the company want MORE MORE MORE for they will never have ENOUGH)

I believe fate may have that already planned for me. In the meantime, my intent is to live long enough to be a burden on society. You know, more than I already am.
Your intent goes well with mine... As I recently told one staffer at a rather expensive doctor's office.. For over a quarter century I worked for low pay.. Even the Employer said I was underpaid (By 1.00/her in 1980 and more as time goes on) So since the employer (State of Michigan) pays for my health care (Blue Cross is just an Administrator. that means for a fee they process the claims but the money comes from State of Mi) I plan to make up for it. By living as long as possible... (When I look at some of the claims that are archived on my computer... I think I've succeeded in making up for it.. but hey.. No reason to quit now (Very evil grin).

I believe fate may have that already planned for me. In the meantime, my intent is to live long enough to be a burden on society. You know, more than I already am.
I reached my goal of becoming a burden on society 8 years ago when I retired and started collecting Social Security. It's looking good so far.

I reached my goal of becoming a burden on society 8 years ago when I retired and started collecting Social Security. It's looking good so far.
I did that ten years ago. But my SS is a very small part of it, I am a much bigger burden on the City and County of San Francsico.

-Don- (Kirkwood, CA--no free charge here, 50 cents per KWH!--Mtn Club Ski Resort, 7,700' elevation, lots of snow still on the ground).

Now to hijack my own thread a bit . . . .

From when at Kirkwood Mountain Resort, CA:

I am going to go broke!

Not is it only 50 cents per KWH (~7 miles of range per KWH on an electric motorcycle) but this has to be the very old charge station because they also charge to the time parked while charging, which CA made illegal many years ago, but it does NOT apply to the older charge stations that were installed years before the change in CA law.

And this was a long charge stop for lunch, hiking around a little and other stuff.

1715578447953.png

And look what happens if I don't stop the charge in time when it is fully charged up:

1715578717587.png
Yeah, fifty bucks, yet all the other many chargers there were not in use today. And an expensive lunch there also!

But it sure was a nice scenic ride. After that I took the road on the east side of Lake Tahoe to get home.

Good thing I brought the right clothing. Went from hot (low 90's) to low 40's on this ride.

-Don- Reno, NV

We spent yesterday together with my parents and my sister's family. We brought our EV. My dad is considering one, and he asked us all the same questions as 6 months ago when we bought it.

None of his concern is environmental, just like it wasn't when he bought his last car.

Back
Top Bottom