Tow Dolly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on the dolly, actually.
I think the ones with a level tire platform with bend in the main shaft come horizontally from the hitch, and then bends so the the tire platform is level with the road appear more aesthetically pleasing, and stable.

Here two models that show the difference.

It may depend on what kind of Towed vehicle you're dealing with, a bit, too as to which type will work best for you.

I think the ones with a level tire platform with bend in the main shaft come horizontally from the hitch, and then bends so the the tire platform is level with the road appear more aesthetically pleasing, and stable.

It may depend on what kind of Towed vehicle you're dealing with, a bit, too as to which type will work best for you.

I purchased an American Tow Dolly and the manufacturer said it has to be up at an angle ……. 18” from ground to cente pin hole takes a hitch with 2 inch drop ??

I purchased an American Tow Dolly and the manufacturer said it has to be up at an angle ……. 18” from ground to cente pin hole takes a hitch with 2 inch drop ??
Again, it depends on the manufacturer and the model.
I tried looking into what American Car Dolly has to say, but the web site set off my security warnings.

The tongue angle of a tow dolly is probably not super-critical, but most of the dolly manufacturers recommend either level or a slight up-angle. I wouldn't be much concerned about a 2" higher difference as long as the back of the dolly isn't tilted low enough to drag easily.

My Roadmaster dolly manual specifies 18" plus/minus 1" from the ground to the top of the hitch ball. I had to get a drop to meet that, especially after I aired-up to drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccrutchfield743
Back
Top Bottom