Traveling for food goodies.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So went to Montana and had some good stuff. Had some super yummy pork chops and some good enough music at a little spot and had some really yummy pancakes at Betty's in Poulson. But I cannot believe it I got all the way home and then realized I forgot to get the flour!! I did get some huckle berry stuff though. Now I will have to do more picking of our own huckle berries. I guess I will order some flour on line GRRRR not the same.

Stripling's has fantastic meats and sausages. For years, my husband and his family talked about a smoked sausage that they had gotten when their small hometown (MI) had their centennial celebration. The sausage came from Striplin's. He was right, it was a great sausage. We worked in the area off/on for several years. We would stay in Georgia Veterans State Park and shop at the Stripling's store at the entrance to the state park. We sometimes would go to the bigger store on GA-300. The store on GA-300 is easier to get a big RV into. Stripling's General Store

And we are off again. This time I know the good stuff we are getting. Moby Dicks fish and chips!! Also I am going to try a big ol' shrimp bake or whatever. I do love shrimp.

Everyone is making me hungry for seafood, thankfully the seafood place next door that has been closed for the off season since June is re-opening in about 6 hours.

When I was working in Los Angeles I frequently had to travel to outlying areas to service our mountaintop transmitters. I made a point of finding a place I liked to eat at each destination, having something to look forward to made the hours driving on LA freeways more tolerable.

WAAAAY back 40+ yrs ago we found a great little place outside of a small coastal town that was still open at 12:30 AM and had the best breakfast/dinner EVERYTHING was freshly made and supper good. But of course, not open any more. Those are the kind of places I love. It was in an old, even then, mobile home and everything looked second hand. But the food was the best.

Piekutowski's krakow sausage in St.Louis. Now you can find it in Schnuck's and Dierberg's grocery stores in the greater STL area.
It is absolutely the best, anywhere, hands down.

We are thinking of heading to Tyler Texas by way of Palm Springs and looking to see what we can find. We will be coming back by way of Grand Canyon and Lake Tahoe anything I should find

You should be able to find some good New Mexican food, as well as Tex-Mex, BBQ, Steak houses, etc. roughly along that route, though at least for the Texas part I would suggest trying to get off the interstate highways and explore some of the smaller Texas towns, many of which are home to unique food items. Unlike much of the US Texas was settled in the mid to late 1800's by mostly European immigrants, settling into towns that even today retain some of the heritage of the "old country" This might be German heritage in Fredericksburg or , or Polish settlers in Brenham or New Waverly, Czech settlers in West, La Grange, Schulenburg, etc.

Back
Top Bottom