Webber Q1000 Question #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
Bought a Q1000 for the RV a year or so ago but also use it at home since my big grill went belly up.
Does anyone else have trouble with getting propane going at set up? I store mine in the cellar and set up in the breeze way of the house. Several times the burner has lit but goes out quickly. Shut the gas off, disconnect the hose, reconnect and turn gas back on and light burner. Sometimes works. sometimes not. May have to repeat a couple of times. Once lit for real no problems cooking. It is irritating to think the grill is warming up to find the gas died out.

I thought the problem may be in the gas hose so I leave it connected to the grill when I store it. I still happens but no way nearly as often. But it did last night when I was getting ready to grill shrimp-ka-bobs. Anyone else notice this?
Thanks
Jim

Is it always the same LP cylinder, or occurs with multiple cylinders? It might be an issue with the cylinder valve and not the grill.

Next time, shut the tank valve,  bleed off the gas pressure by opening a burner valve. Shut the burner valve then open the tank valve real slow. There is a safety valve inside the tank and it senses flow of gas. If it thinks the line has ruptured, it will shut off the flow. You may be opening the tank valve too fast allowing a large volume of gas to leave the tank then the valve closing.

I use the small propane bottles when on the road but like you, also use my Weber 1200 for home use, and when I have it at the house, I use a 20 lb tank with adapter. I keep the tank hooked up at all times and simply turn off the gas at the tank when not using the grill. I've never had the problem you mentioned doing it this way.

Hi Rene T
I have tried this a couple of times now and it seems to have solved the problem!
Thank you so very much!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianw1234
Back
Top Bottom