What camera is good for back of TT?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We went with the Furrion Observation camera system with a 7" dash monitor. Mounting the camera was very easy as the trailer came pre-wired for it. The system did not work when I hooked it up so I called Furrion, the first question asked "what year, make, model tow vehicle?". Turns out General Motors trucks, starting in 2019, no longer pass a pure DC 12 volts through the 7-way wiring harness, rather they pass a pulsed 12 volt which causes the camera to malfunction. So, had to buy a $60 adapter developed by Furrion to correct the problem. Anyway, it's working great now :).

I'd also recommend the Furrion because it is a rear view camera as well as a backup camera, but mine was almost $600, not counting installation.

Here is one I was referred to and everything looks good. More details at Click Here and then on Modifications Interior TIP # 292. And the name Back-up Cam Click Here and the front driving dash cam, with a GPS. Okay, this link has Both front and back. Click Here Look for NAME and "SMART" Hope this will work for you. One nice feature with the rear camera your review becomes a backup and review mirror while driving. But check them out for yourself.

Last edited:
We've bought a 22' TT, and I'd like to get a rear view camera for the trailer, without going into several hundreds of bucks. Any recommendations, or warnings?
Im too cheap for the Furrion camera. Bought a Vastend wireless with 7 in display that mounts on the furrion mount off amazon, $115.36 total. Works great as both backup and rearview plus it can record. Can have up to 4 cameras. My rv is 45 ft + CC LB truck and still good reception.
I think all of these foriegn made cameras are all one and the same just different names and prices to suit each buyers taste.

Strangely enough, today I saw a TT rearview camera that($200) uses your cell-phone as the viewing screen/monitor. It's bluetooth wireless design. I forget the brand, it begins with an H, and is well-known for other RVing products.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moore1947
Back
Top Bottom