What is this tape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chnash

I'm replacing a damaged section of roof on my Colman Lantern and have watched tons of videos and read lots of posts, but I haven't seen what this tape is they used on the edge of the OSB and siding. I'm not sure what tape I should use so I do not cause issues with the roof membrane not sticking. But I think I need something that will help protect the roof membrane from being abraded/cut by the rough edges of the OSB and siding. Any ideas as to what this is or where to purchase it?

20230430_103251.jpg

Likely construction sheathing tape, but Gorilla tape will work just as well if not better.

Yeah, it's called construction sheathing tape or seam tape. For many purposes any sort of duct tape or sealing tape would work, but the sheathing tapes are ultra sticky, can be applied in extreme temperatures, and are thin enough to wrap well around corners. Most of them I see advertised are some sort of polypropylene, so glues probably do NOT adhere well to them, but that usually isn't an issue. If the tape says it can be used to line epoxy resin molds or states "mold release", then nothing will stick to it.

If you absolutely need something that can be glued upon, I'd probably use a cloth-back duct tape, but it won't wrap quite as neatly.

Last edited:
I've used this stuff with good results. I got it at the local Home Depot.

02855279.jpg

Back
Top Bottom