Wordle issue resolved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Thanks to help and persistence by our technical support, the issue of incomplete posting of Wordle images has been resolved. There should be no further need to add a character to get all the images to post.

Wordle 963 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thanks to help and persistence by our technical support, the issue of incomplete posting of Wordle images has been resolved. There should be no further need to add a character to get all the images to post.

Wordle 963 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Curious as to the source of the issue users were seeing? :unsure:

Curious as to the source of the issue users were seeing? :unsure:
You know what they say about curiosity :)

Although a new version of the forum software had been installed recently, it wasn't the issue per se, as I confirmed when I installed the same software at another site (my own). Turns out the new software didn't play well with our version of the server-side php scripting software. Tech Support figured it out, changed the latter, and it resolved the issue.

Meanwhile, apologies that I was in transit (by car) for 2,500 miles, and the fact that I erroneously assumed that a "good" post required a single image (like a screen shot) rather than a matrix of small images. I finally figured this out when I played a few Wordle games.

You know what they say about curiosity :)

Although a new version of the forum software had been installed recently, it wasn't the issue per se, as I confirmed when I installed the same software at another site (my own). Turns out the new software didn't play well with our version of the server-side php scripting software. Tech Support figured it out, changed the latter, and it resolved the issue.

Meanwhile, apologies that I was in transit (by car) for 2,500 miles, and the fact that I erroneously assumed that a "good" post required a single image (like a screen shot) rather than a matrix of small images. I finally figured this out when I played a few Wordle games.
Aha, thanks for the insights.

I had thought that those little squares were some kind of HTML Unicode only to see in the code view via Chrome that each square was an actual web based image.

As for any "apologies" I really doubt anyone here would think of criticizing you for the speed at which you worked with the tech guys to figure things out given your travels of late! :D

2,500 miles being the distance between... ?

Aha, thanks for the insights.

I had thought that those little squares were some kind of HTML Unicode only to see in the code view via Chrome that each square was an actual web based image.

As for any "apologies" I really doubt anyone here would think of criticizing you for the speed at which you worked with the tech guys to figure things out given your travels of late! :D

2,500 miles being the distance between... ?
We have a couple of families of kids & grands in the MidWest (Columbus, OH and No. KY), and we visit several times a year from our home in the East SF Bay area. We've driven for 10+/- years because we couldn't fly with 2 dogs.

Thanks for your time and effort in getting that resolved, Tom.
Wish I could take credit for it; I turned it over to our Server Manager & tech support and he figured it out.

We have a couple of families of kids & grands in the MidWest (Columbus, OH and No. KY), and we visit several times a year from our home in the East SF Bay area. We've driven for 10+/- years because we couldn't fly with 2 dogs.
Hope you had better weather around Columbus than we had a few weeks ago where we saw single digit temps overnight at Alum Creek! Not fun...

Hope you had better weather around Columbus than we had a few weeks ago where we saw single digit temps overnight at Alum Creek! Not fun...
One week (early Jan) the wind chill was -10 to -20 brrr. Pond behind our place was frozen hard. Had some snow over the holiday, but less than some prior years. Photo from the patio of our OH townhome.

Is that near Alum Creek SP in OH?

Attachments

• Townhome-rear.jpg
    Townhome-rear.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 6
Our first week (around Christmas) the wind chill was -10 to -20 brrr. Pond behind our place was frozen hard. Had some snow over the holiday, but less than some prior years. Photo from the patio of our OH townhome.

Is that near Alum Creek SP in OH?
Yikes. :(

Yep, Alum Creek up around Delaware, OH. Our winter journey typically has that as our first stop headed down to the Gulf Coast and out to sites around TX. Got a late start this year but did manage to get by Erie, PA which can be a real mess.

Headed South through KY & TN was no picnic either as we were dealing with multiple issues and town maintenance crews down that way are woefully unprepared for any kind of snow. Two of the parks we had reservations at simply closed down. Helloooo Cracker Barrel. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom