2000 thor battery disconnect switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baileythor

Hello, wife just brought home a surprise thor motor home project. Ive got the generator running from the remote switch but the battery disconnect switch located beside it in the entry area is broken and disconnected. Im assuming it is a momentary switch with a led light in the housing. Is it a normally open or normally closed momentary rocker type or on off rocker. dont know how the system is supposed to work. any help would be appreciated. Craig

Is it an "intelletec" panel with two switches (Both 3 position rockers) a Light and a digital display

The actuall Disconnect is elsewhere. that's a remote ocntrol
The Battery swith is a dpdt center off cross wired so (Battery and ground to center terminals top and bottom are attached to the leads to the remote mag-latched solenoid.. In such a way that pushing the switch UP puts Positive on one side and Down ont tjhe other that is top and bottom termals are connected

X

First of all, thanks for the replies. No sir it not like that at all. It is a simple rocker stlye with two male connects. (the switch itself). Pictures of switch and connectors attched. It is a 2000 yr rv. I can install a different panel with led light. panel has been removed or lost with just the rocker switch there. And the rocker switch is inop, broken inside.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7
  • 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 098.jpg
    098.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 7
The switch triggers a hefty-sized relay somewhere that can handle battery current loads. The switch may be a momentary type and each push causes the relay to change state, typically by reversing polarity at the relay. There is nothing special about the switch type..

Adding to what Gary posted, most such systems are wired similarly to the diagram that I posted.
panel has been removed or lost with just the rocker switch there
The switch in your picture would seem to be a single pole, single throw switch. Is it a momentary switch or one that stays closed? That is far too light a switch to do more than control a solenoid device. =

Thanks, The switch is broken and does not toggle so I cant make out if momentary or spst(?) type. Also dont have access to breaker box, transfer switch, relay, at back due to wifes pile of stuff on bed. Im assuming I can lift the mattress and gain a view of the electrical controls then to try and sort out things. Also have to sort out the no power to the atwood heater also. jumped a few wires and it lit up fine but no power to unit or thermostat. Hoping thats all in the same area once I can see it.

If you know which two wires were connected to the switch just jumper the wires together and see what happens. When you remove the jumper if the solenoid disconnects you need a toggle type switch. If the solenoid stays connected jumper the wires again and the solenoid should disconnect. This indicates that you need a momentary switch.

The disconnect is probably physically located very close to the batteries.
Also have to sort out the no power to the atwood heater also. jumped a few wires and it lit up fine but no power to unit or thermostat. Hoping thats all in the same area once I can see it.
Are you saying that the furnace blower didn't start up but the propane did ignite? There has to be power to the furnace for the igniter coil to fire a spark and also to open the propane supply valve. The furnace uses 12V power. A properly working RV furnace will not open the propane supply valve and send a spark until it detects a proper amount of air movement through it.

Back
Top Bottom