2020-2021 Ford motorhome chassis recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a trip planned, and I am now at the mercy of Ford sending the proper parts to fix my motorhome. I am just furious that Ford knows there is a problem and is not prepared to send the parts the minute a dealer has a vehicle in it's yard ready to get it fixed. Will Ford stand up and pay for all the lost money because of their poor quality control, that I will lose if I do not show up at the campsites I already have and had reservations for before the recall was even sent out?

So the dealer thinks your rear wheel bearings were actually damaged as a reult of this? Cause otherwise, the "parts" are just some axle lubricant, available anywhere. I'm wondering if the dealer is milking the recall to just arbitrarily replace wheel bearings. Or whether you couldn't go ahead with your trip without undue risk, and get the fix applied later.

Last edited:
I have a trip planned, and I am now at the mercy of Ford sending the proper parts to fix my motorhome. I am just furious that Ford knows there is a problem and is not prepared to send the parts the minute a dealer has a vehicle in it's yard ready to get it fixed. Will Ford stand up and pay for all the lost money because of their poor quality control, that I will lose if I do not show up at the campsites I already have and had reservations for before the recall was even sent out?
Exactly, what parts are you waiting for? Related to this recall? Curious. I doubt any warranty will compensate you for any loss beyond the parts and labor to do a covered repair.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom