Campfire Therapy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasillaguy

I think we need more campfires, for our health.
98% of radiation from a wood fire is at wavelengths longer than 1000nm. Medical applications are currently using a little higher frequencies, but a wood fire, I imagine, would put out more of a "white noise" combination of frequencies. We all know it has relaxing effects, but looks like there's probably physical benefits as well.

"Many factors, conditions, and parameters influence the therapeutic effects of IR, including fluence, irradiance, treatment timing and repetition, pulsing, and wavelength. Increasing evidence suggests that IR can carry out photostimulation and photobiomodulation effects particularly benefiting neural stimulation, wound healing, and cancer treatment. Nerve cells respond particularly well to IR, which has been proposed for a range of neurostimulation and neuromodulation applications, and recent progress in neural stimulation and regeneration are discussed in this review."

Don't let the government hear that or they will ban campfires because they emit greenhouse gasses.... :unsure:

I think we need more campfires, for our health.
98% of radiation from a wood fire is at wavelengths longer than 1000nm. Medical applications are currently using a little higher frequencies, but a wood fire, I imagine, would put out more of a "white noise" combination of frequencies. We all know it has relaxing effects, but looks like there's probably physical benefits as well.

"Many factors, conditions, and parameters influence the therapeutic effects of IR, including fluence, irradiance, treatment timing and repetition, pulsing, and wavelength. Increasing evidence suggests that IR can carry out photostimulation and photobiomodulation effects particularly benefiting neural stimulation, wound healing, and cancer treatment. Nerve cells respond particularly well to IR, which has been proposed for a range of neurostimulation and neuromodulation applications, and recent progress in neural stimulation and regeneration are discussed in this review."
I like it, in Florida they could make it mandatory that when teaching about Global Warming burning the planet down they’d have to teach the benefits of standing outside your burning home and being neurostimulated.

Here I was thinking the best part about campfires is the warmth and company, or sometimes just being alone in front of one on a starry night.

There ya go, Wasilla, you should conduct a scientific experiment to see if campfires are useful in curing cancer. Let me know when you publish your study.

I don't think my COPD afflicted wife would agree with campfires being healthy. It's fairly common that she has to move inside and crank up her oxygen supply due to a neighbor's smoke blowing our way.
I'm sorry for your wife's affliction, and I agree campfires are probably not the best for her situation.
There is LLLT, (low level laser therapy) which shows promise for COPD patients. Also called photobiomodulation, is a drug-free therapy that utilizes specific wavelengths of red light to boost the natural healing processes in our bodies.

I don't think my COPD afflicted wife would agree with campfires being healthy. It's fairly common that she has to move inside and crank up her oxygen supply due to a neighbor's smoke blowing our way.
I'm hoping when we camped next to you at Letchworth State Park a couple of years ago we did not contribute to her discomfort. :confused:

I'm sorry for your wife's affliction, and I agree campfires are probably not the best for her situation.
There is LLLT, (low level laser therapy) which shows promise for COPD patients. Also called photobiomodulation, is a drug-free therapy that utilizes specific wavelengths of red light to boost the natural healing processes in our bodies.
Would it replace the dead nodes in her lungs?

I like it, in Florida they could make it mandatory that when teaching about Global Warming burning the planet down they’d have to teach the benefits of standing outside your burning home and being neurostimulated.
Posted by "someone" who has never lost everything they owned in a fire. I thought it was changed to "Climate Change" or did they flip back to "Global Warming" with the seasonal heat wave. Or are you just playing the "change the name and/or definition to suit the minute"

Took me years to find the smell of burning wood relaxing after we lost our first house to an electrical fire. And our main source of heat was a wood stove. Although I never made anyone put out their campfire due to my problem. I still get anxious if I smell, or think I smell, hot electrical.

I currently heat my bus with an LP fireplace. I get the illusion of a wood fire without the mess. If I want the smell of a wood fire, WoodWick makes a candle called "Wood Smoke" which is nice. I haven't had a wood fire in decades simply due to fire bans and drought conditions in the various states I've lived in. In NM, we have fire bans most days due to dryness and wind. Of course that doesn't stop the idiots.

I've decided that if I ever get the itch for a campfire, I will buy one of those LP "campfire in a can" type things. So far, I haven't got the itch for one. I solve my toasted marshmallow cravings by toasting the occasional marshmallow over the LP cooktop burner. And I have learned to make my Banana Boats in the microwave... year round in any weather.

As for the evidence... a hole in the ground lined with plastic and a few gallons of a hot lye solution takes care of a lot of things that burning doesn't. You can't get lye up to the required 300F on a cooktop so it takes longer than the 3 hours generally touted for lye disposal (too many whodunnits?). You can easily buy powdered lye anywhere that sells soapmaking supplies. And no open flame to attract attention. Plus, in the desert, you can dig the hole, line it, tip the lye solution and a body into the hole, lay another layer of plastic down and then cover it back up. Leave. Not that many people wander around in the desert. There's just too much of it. Just don't do it in an arroyo. Alkaline hydrolysis (body disposal) - Wikipedia

Would it replace the dead nodes in her lungs?
I don't know what it can do. I just find it interesting and encouraging to read about the cutting edge therapies. It gives me hope that people who suffer like you and your wife might be able to benefit.
I understand the glass half empty perspective, and again, I am sorry for you both, but I maintain hope and faith that most maladies can not only be managed, but cured if we are willing to look beyond needles and pills.

Posted by "someone" who has never lost everything they owned in a fire. I thought it was changed to "Climate Change" or did they flip back to "Global Warming" with the seasonal heat wave. Or are you just playing the "change the name and/or definition to suit the minute"

Took me years to find the smell of burning wood relaxing after we lost our first house to an electrical fire. And our main source of heat was a wood stove. Although I never made anyone put out their campfire due to my problem. I still get anxious if I smell, or think I smell, hot electrical.

I currently heat my bus with an LP fireplace. I get the illusion of a wood fire without the mess. If I want the smell of a wood fire, WoodWick makes a candle called "Wood Smoke" which is nice. I haven't had a wood fire in decades simply due to fire bans and drought conditions in the various states I've lived in. In NM, we have fire bans most days due to dryness and wind. Of course that doesn't stop the idiots.

I've decided that if I ever get the itch for a campfire, I will buy one of those LP "campfire in a can" type things. So far, I haven't got the itch for one. I solve my toasted marshmallow cravings by toasting the occasional marshmallow over the LP cooktop burner. And I have learned to make my Banana Boats in the microwave... year round in any weather.

As for the evidence... a hole in the ground lined with plastic and a few gallons of a hot lye solution takes care of a lot of things that burning doesn't. You can't get lye up to the required 300F on a cooktop so it takes longer than the 3 hours generally touted for lye disposal (too many whodunnits?). You can easily buy powdered lye anywhere that sells soapmaking supplies. And no open flame to attract attention. Plus, in the desert, you can dig the hole, line it, tip the lye solution and a body into the hole, lay another layer of plastic down and then cover it back up. Leave. Not that many people wander around in the desert. There's just too much of it. Just don't do it in an arroyo. Alkaline hydrolysis (body disposal) - Wikipedia
I thought a banana boat was you know " come mister tally man, tally me banana" thing. Tell me more.

Banana boats are similar to Smore in that they were traditionally cooked in the dying coals of a fire. You just heat the banana up until it is warm enough to melt the marshmallows and chocolate chips. I

Lay the banana down on a flat surface, then cut a V-shaped wedge lengthwise down the top surface thru the peel with a sharp knife. Peel the cut peeling back and remove the wedge of banana (eat this immediately as no one wants a 'naner to go to waste). Place a skimpy layer of mini marshmallows down the cavity. Sprinkle a few chocolate chips amongst the marshmallows. Don't get too carried away. It will make a huge mess otherwise, unless you want the mess. Replace the peel back over the filled cavity. Wrap in foil and gently squeeze the foil so it's snug around the banana. You want to put the banana, cut side down, in or near dying coals for a few minutes to melt the chips and marshmallows. Flip the banana over to WARM up the banana itself. Remove and carefully unwrap the foil. Peal back the skin that was covering the cavity. Use a spoon to eat the banana boat.

My kids wanted banana boats one cold, snowy winter day so we came up with slicing the bananas into a dish, adding the chips and mini marshmallows. Then we nuked it long enough to just melt the marshmallows (they expand in the microwave and then contract back to normal size will cooking) and chips. After that, they could make 'naner boats anytime they wanted. My kids are now over 30yo and they still make 'naner boats like that. Especially on cold, snowy winter days. It's like a taste of summer in the winter.

I think the safest way to bury a body is just plant a bunch protected species plants on the grave so nobody dares dig it up. ;)

There ya go, Wasilla, you should conduct a scientific experiment to see if campfires are useful in curing cancer. Let me know when you publish your study.
Ok, here ya go.
Not my study, but 99% cancer cell death.
Tesla was right.
Rife was right.
Sunshine and campfires everyone. Here's to your good health in the new year!

Back
Top Bottom