Countertop Crack - 2002 Adventurer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have a fine crack in your Corian countertop, it is best to take action before it gets worse. Corian is a solid surface material that is generally repairable, so you may not need to replace the entire countertop. Here are a few options to consider:
  1. Repair the crack: You can use an epoxy or acrylic-based filler to repair the crack. This will require cleaning the area thoroughly and then filling the crack with the filler material. Once the filler has cured, you can sand and polish the area to blend it in with the rest of the countertop.
  2. Refinish the countertop: If the crack is in a highly visible area or if you want to update the look of your countertop, you can consider refinishing the entire countertop. This can involve sanding down the surface to remove any scratches or stains, and then applying a new finish to the countertop.
  3. Replace the countertop: If the crack is too severe to repair or if you want to completely change the look of your countertop, you can consider replacing the entire countertop. You can contact Winnebago to see if they have a replacement countertop that will fit your RV.
It's important to note that Corian is a trademarked brand name for a type of solid surface material, so it's possible that your countertop may be made of a different brand of solid surface material. If you're not sure what material your countertop is made of, you can contact the manufacturer or a professional countertop repair or refinishing service for advice.
And fyi, Corian has metal particles imbedded in the material and it will flat chew the teeth off an ordinary saw blade before quick got ready ( ask me how I know). I had to widen the hole in my Corian for a drop in stove top. A tile cutting blade on a 4" grinder cut through it quite easily. Otherwise, the pro countertop guys can likely remediate the cause for the crack and repair the crack so it's not reaily visible.

Back
Top Bottom