Dave Stamey concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Last evening Chris and I attended a great concert by "Cowboy entertainer" Dave Stamey here at "the barn" in SVRR, WY. Dave writes most of the songs he sings. I hung onto every note of the music and the singing, and couldn't take my eyes off his fingers as he picked/strummed his guitar. I just wish I could pick the guitar like he does.

I've found lead sheets online for most of his music in addition to YouTube videos, and I'll need to transpose to a lower key if I have any hope of singing his music.

I'd not heard of him, but I sampled a couple of the videos at your link, and he's good. Don Edwards is another very good one. I like many of the cowboy poets, too, such as Baxter Black and Waddie Mitchell.

Of course Rider's In The Sky and similar groups such as the Bar M Wranglers at the Bar M Chuckwagon in Moab, the Flying W Wranglers near Colorado Springs and many more are very good, too.

Reactions: Tom
I'd not heard of him ...
I hadn't heard of him prior to this concert. But he's apparently been performing publicly for 25-30 years. Lives in CA, but travels to various states to perform.
... groups such as the Bar M Wranglers at the Bar M Chuckwagon in Moab, the Flying W Wranglers near Colorado Springs and many more are very good, too.
Aye, we thoroughly enjoyed Bar J Chuckwagon in Wilson, WY (near Jackson) after being told about them by friends for several years. The harmonies were quite something. Regrettably, that was their last year of performing. There's also a Bar T Chuckwagon in the area that a neighbor visited a couple of weeks ago, and reported "a good show, but mediocre food".

I love Dave Stamy! He performed two years at the Death Valley 49ers Encampment, and I ended up with 3-4 of his CDs. He tells lovely stories in his songs. He is good with an audience too. I still remember his story about his “two horses and two pasture ornaments.”

... I ended up with 3-4 of his CDs. He tells lovely stories in his songs. He is good with an audience too. I still remember his story about his “two horses and two pasture ornaments.”
Aye, his stories are great. At the break, he was selling flash drives with all 13 of his albums for $100.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom