I don't want them riding on my lap anymore.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

planonana

My two small (now 10 lbs) dogs rode on the navigator's (my) lap while they were puppies.  Besides being unsafe for them, this also ties up my hands from doing anything else (like knitting, etc).  We are racking our brains to rig up some kind of seating for them between us and a little raised off the ground so they can see the sights too.  There's about a 3 ft space between driver and passenger seats. We will harness them into whatever it is, but so far my knitting remains at a standstill.  Has anyone solved a similar problem for doggie seating?

Welcome to the RV Forum planonana

I will tell you the same thing I told my wife....."Put that dog on the floor" of course at this point both my wife and the dog give me a dirty look....Probably the same look you just gave me when you read this.

darsben said:
CRATE THEM AND SECURE the crate. That is what is best for the dogs

I will agree with that.. There are some fairly nice dog crates and you can use a small table (or custom make one) to hold it up (I have a custom made table on top of my motor home's dog house) Make sure it is SECURED to the floor so it does not fly around in a sudden action. Likewise the crate to table.. You can use a cargo strap to secure that (or two)

Crate them if you want to listen to hours of whining, we tried it. We had the same problem with our toy poodle, she would not ride anywhere but in my wife's arms (DW didn't knit). The current co pilot rides next to me on the seat, she wears a harness which she hates and a short leash that snaps into the seat belt buckle. A collar would strangle her in a panic stop.

We have a middling size crate ~ There are a lot larger ones ~ Straped to the sofa in the MH ~ 1strap around the middle of crate & sofa seat  & Another one around  at same place securing cage to sofa seat back. It does not move. Door is open to the rear of coach. Holds both of our pups securely. 1 11#  & 1 18#.  They complained at first but soon realized that if they get in the crate they get to GO!! They can see us ~ usually go to sleep soon after we start moving. No problems.  Same sort of thing with crate (crate $2) in Toad secured to built-in tie downs in floor The rear seats are out.  Works for us.

~~  JM2?  ~~  YMMV  ~~

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom