leveling a class c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeithM42

I am new and got a class c motorhome.
  1. when parking and using refrigerator is it necessary to make sure it is level?
  2. if I need to level there are no jacks so do I bring some wood or something to drive up on to level?

If the fridge is not approximately level it will soon be damaged. Over time it will fail. Q2 is the only way I know if you don't have leveling jacks.

Yes, you will want it level, or close. These are really nice and lightweight, blocks
There are many options, wood can work as well, or get on amazon and type Class C leveling blocks. On our old class c, we used wood, but later in life I realized that I never had stabilizer jacks, and those will cut down on movement when parked. many styles and options

I've been leveling our class C for years using blocks and the Level-Mate Pro. I use a combination of the double-wide blocks for the rear tires and singles for the front tires.

IMO, the key to making it easy is the Level-Mate Pro. This gives me real-time, accurate feedback, showing exactly how much blocking is needed under each wheel to get your rig perfectly level. It allows me to move around the site a bit until I find the most level spot, and then tells me just how many blocks I need under each wheel (in inches; I typically use one level of blocks per inch of rise needed). This improved speed and ease of leveling by orders of magnitude, and now I wouldn't be without it.

Have a spotter when you pull onto the block stacks to make sure you don't overshoot. I build up ramps with the blocks, being careful to have the top of each ramp an equal distance from the wheel. If all goes well, and it usually does, we are up on the blocks an within 1" of perfectly level on the first try!

It feels a bit sketchy the first couple of times you do it, but it's actually really easy and stable and those blocks are surprisingly sturdy. Do plan on replacing a couple each season - the bottom ones can get a bit deformed on really unlevel or rocky surfaces.

We've become so fast and good at this that we sometimes have onlookers complimenting us and asking how we do it so easily. I've definitely found LevelMate some new customers. Just this past weekend I was able to get perfectly level with one side 6" low, in the pouring rain, first try! Took longer to stack the blocks than any other step in the process.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I am still a newbie, but we bought these last fall, used them for the first time a few weeks ago. These worked great. It makes leveling much easier.
Called Carmtek Leveler:
leveler.jpg
They are much easier then the leveling blocks (wood or lego). I do use both for the stabilizers though.
For us, a 2' bubble level on the rear bumper works for side-to-side leveling. I use the same 2' level on the floor of the TT for front-to-back, but found the frig slightly low towards the front, so now we offset a smidge higher toward the front compensate.

If you don’t want to spend much money, as others have said, just cut some 2x6’s up and use those or get some blocks off Amazon.

While the fancy leveling systems can be cool to use, as an owner of an older Class C I don’t want to spend a couple hundred bucks on a level. Download one of the bubble level apps and pay the $2 to remove ads, this will get you pretty damn level.

Don’t worry if you are a degree or 2 off, that will not cause any issues. When you start going 3,4,5 or more degrees off then problems can start happening.

You will likely sleep better too if you are not leaning one way or another

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmynoshow
Back
Top Bottom