RC Cars/Trucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cruiser77

So I see several people say they do R/C airplanes and gliders but haven't seen anyone say anything about cars or trucks? I have both electric and gas and was wondering if anyone else does this? Is there a reason that noone does these? I cant think of any reason that these would be any harder to do rving than planes. Anyways just something I've been pondering.

I do a little bit of RC flying, mainly parkflyer electric now, but I find it difficult to "gently" carry airplanes around in the MH.  I also have a "rock crawler" truck that stays in the MH most of the time.  I have a blast with it camping almost everywhere.  It is perfect for travel because it isn't as fragile as aircraft, takes little space and is "useable" almost everywhere (don't have to find flying space).

I've been racing RC Cars for @ 3 years now...and we just picked up an RV.  So I'll be towing my RC Trailer from time to time for longer races and such  ;-)  GREAT Hobby!

About five years ago I started with a rc boat, and then two years ago went to "Blade" rc helis, now have nine, four boats, and three airplanes. Must be my second childhood @ 73......a great hobby.

Wow, cool to see an old thread brought back  to life :eek:  I have four electric trucks.  All bought in the last four months. ;)
slash 4x4 ultimate, two mervs, and a hp vertex.  all a lot of fun while camping and a great way to meet "the neighbors".  nobody has turned down a chance at a controller yet. ;D

I used to race nitro cars (stil have the MRX-3 and MTX-3 sitting on the shelf), but had to get out of it because of sheduling and money.  I also still have a Revo and 2 T-Maxxes that I occassionally take with us to play with, but it really depends on where you go.  Some parks have had an absolute cow because of the noise.

I'm late to the post; however, my collection of RC's consist of Traxxas EMaxx, HPI crawl king, and my favorite HPI Baja 5B. Will say that only the electric go out with us when camping. Baja is way to loud to run around camp sights. My seven year old son is the owner of the crawl king, but that doesn't prevent me from using it.

I race gas powered RC boats. I have enough room in my MOHO for 5 boats, 2 race tables and my tool box.

I had a Losi 5ive-T for a while, but I just couldn't get excited about it so I sold it.

Attachments

• MY BOAT 6.JPG
    MY BOAT 6.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 53
Decided to bring this up to the top. I just bought my first RV. A 23' TT. I'll be racing around the Midwest and going to Florida for a couple of "Big" races. I race on-road nitro tenth scale sedans. I decided to get my own personal space instead of doing motels. I think this will be wonderful! A few racers have MH's or popups. I'll post some pics next week when I get back.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1062173900460253&set=pcb.1062174077126902&type=1
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfl1/t31.0-8/11952829_1062173950460248_1330495348079237318_o.jpg
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11888659_1062174047126905_3302011835877797919_o.jpg
Great first trip with my new TT. Went smoothly and had very minor issues. Can't wait for the next race in September. Wish I had done this a long time ago!

That's great to hear! He's the perfect age to learn radio control. Batteries have come a long way. Lipo packs made soldering packs together obsolete and are far more efficient. Have fun with your grandson!

I have been flying RC airplanes for 12 years.  I attend many fun flying events.

I also have a Traxxas Brush-less Emaxx that gets service when the wind shuts down the RC airplanes.  The RC cars and trucks are a little easier than the airplanes.  If you are in trouble just close the throttle.  Something you can not do with an airplane as it can not be pulled over to the side of the track.

I also do RC sailboats once a week when we are in Yuma for the winter.  Neat thing about the sailboat you can sometimes take a short nap while waiting for some wind.

What is interesting breakout the sailboat and the wind stops.  But if you had decided to do the Airplanes the wind always blows.

I use my RC truck to exercise the dogs at the RV resort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXez3ZBUYAE

I was big time into the RC hobby for a lot of years. Used to be at any one time I'd have 12 to 15 different vehicles laying around. Cars, Trucks, Boats, never got into flying.
I've had them all, and dumped a crapload of money into all of them. My buddy was the Owner of Maximizer RC products if you remember them at all. I don't think he does much of that anymore, he's moved on to bigger industries as far as I know. We used to have a huge club locally that a couple of friends and I started. We had a nice big track for racing, then we got big time into the rock crawler thing and formed a big points series for rock crawling competitions. Our top guy was sponsored by Losi and used to go to some national events including the championship down in Moab Utah. He also won a monster truck racing championship before Losi. He was sponsored by our buddy with the Maximizer business.
I just kind of burned myself out on it really. Got so deep into it that I didn't have any budget leftover for my other hobbies. I still have a bunch of random RC junk laying around. Couple of Tmaxx's, an Emaxx, a couple of OFNA truggies, an Aquacraft boat, a couple of AXIAL scale crawlers, a Losi Comp-class crawler. Might even still be a brushless Slash laying out there somewhere. They all sit on shelves and collect dust though. The only thing I actually play with anymore is a Traxxas Stampede. My kids each have a Stampede so we take them camping and rip it up a little bit. Other than that my hobby budget anymore goes to guns and reloading stuff for the most part.
Come to think of it, I haven't been on the RCcrawler.com website forever. Gonna have to go check it out. See what the new hype is.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom