Tires for my class C 30ft

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rocknron

Looking to buy 6 new tires for my class c,What is a good all aroung tire,I've been searching on here and it looks like Michelin is a real good tire,this is my first motorhome and I've had it for a little over a year,It says on the tire It's  class E rating,Should i stick with that ? or look for something else,I would like to get a little smoother ride,I just put 4 new Bilstein shocks on it and that helped a lot. Any suggestion? Thanks Ron

I had good luck with Toyo's on my previous class C.  E is the correct load range for a class C, don't go lower.  I think the Toyo's road better than the Michelins I replaced.    Regards, Dick

I don't think you will find a huge difference in ride quality with RV tires.  You won't be driving the RV every day of the week like you do a commuter car, and none of them are built for ride comfort (they all ride bumpy quite honestly) unless you have air suspension like a Diesel Pusher.  If you have 16" LT (Light Truck) tires, they are fairly inexpensive and can be purchased almost anywhere - compared to larger RV tires.  Get your exact tire size from the sidewall, and search (by size) on www.tirerack.com to get some ballpark prices.

Michelin is a good brand (including BF Goodrich, which is one of their alternate labels), but so are many others in the "top tier" of worldwide tire manufacturers. Consider brands such as Goodyear, Bridgestone/Firestone, Toyo, Continental, General, Yokohama, Hankook and Kumho. The latter two are Korean and better known elsewhere in the world, but a quality brand nonetheless.

Michelin is consistently one of the highest priced brands, with Goodyear near identical, so you can probably save money with some others. Often a Goodrich is the same tire as the Micelin at a lower price.

If you are an FMCA member, you can take advantage of the Michelin Fleet Discount program, which is substantial. See fmca.com for details. Costco and Sams Club are also an excellent source for discounted Michelin and Goodyear tires.

I have had many trouble free miles with my Hankook's. They are a very economical alternative. There were new ones on the front of my rv when I bought it and I matched the rears soon after. Now I am due for new front ones again.

Thanks Guys,I think I found what i'm looking for gonna go with a goodyear,Thanks again,Ron

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmynoshow
Back
Top Bottom