4 Button Duotherm Retrofit with Penguin II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RamblingJohn

Another PCS is looming and that means it's time to whip the rig back into shape. After extensive testing, I have concluded that the compressor on old Duotherm 13.5K (w/heat pump) compressor has failed and I am preparing to replace with a new 15K Penguin II with pre-installed CT single zone t-stat control kit. I know there is a conversion kit to convert the slightly newer 5 button CCC but I never found anything about retrofitting the 4 button.

I went ahead and got a CCC2 t-stat to go with the new unit as I think I'll need it but is there any way to make the 4 button t-stat work, conversion board or otherwise? Any other pitfalls I should look out for on the new unit? The control kit used to be installed in the air intake so I'm assuming it's now been moved to the unit itself? I opened the box and just see a big AC unit and I don't want to get into it until it's on the roof.

So it turns out that the unit that I bought had a pre-installed board that was for the compacitive touch thermostat so I had to send it back. The listing on Amazon was incorrect. :|

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom