A little fun Florida Drivers TEST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty Traveler

This JUNE 2024, many newly young drivers will be hitting the roadways. Before you open your RV doors, I thought you would enjoy a little fun Florida Practice Drivers Test. Feel lucky we RV'ers, don't have to have a CDL for operations of a Class A or C motorhome.
Summer is here and we will all be driving more, and now with more drivers hitting the American Roadway system, some would enjoy a little refresher before you slide in behind that wheel.

Last edited:
Missed three one of them was a question that has 3 differnet answers depending on your speed (I choose the highest speed they wanted the lowest) one I mis-read and two the law is differnet here in Michigan (I'd have been legal following Michigan law even in FL_)

Missed three one of them was a question that has 3 differnet answers depending on your speed (I choose the highest speed they wanted the lowest) one I mis-read and two the law is differnet here in Michigan (I'd have been legal following Michigan law even in FL_)
Rechecking your driving skills should be done about every three years. Many folks end up in driver training classes to avoid added points to the DL. I see by the photo you drive a Class A. I Wonder if you have taken or reviewed YouTube videos on Driving an RV 101. I still have dots on the side mirrors and front windshield. They do help out on the mountain snake turns. Congratulations on taking the time to take a PASS The Practice Drivers test. YouTube Video Click Here and thanks.

Rechecking your driving skills should be done about every three years. Many folks end up in driver training classes to avoid added points to the DL. I see by the photo you drive a Class A. I Wonder if you have taken or reviewed YouTube videos on Driving an RV 101. I still have dots on the side mirrors and front windshield. They do help out on the mountain snake turns. Congratulations on taking the time to take a PASS The Practice Drivers test. YouTube Video Click Here and thanks.
How do you define "Rechecking your driving skills?

Just scored 19/20!
Not bad for a Brit. Got the one about driving at night aged 17 wrong, but I'm well past that age.
Guess I've learnt a little in the five years of US travels🤔

Missed the 17 driving age. Pennsylvania is different.
Most are common sense answers.

I see by the photo you drive a Class A. I Wonder if you have taken or reviewed YouTube videos on Driving an RV 101. I still have dots on the side mirrors and front windshield.
I did in fact take a course in driving a Class A. I've also driven a lot of things from Garden tractors to Semi Trucks.

But I no longer drive a class A.. I parked. Had dinner. Was just getting into bed when the rig "Lurched" Turns out a Semi driver did not like where I parked and decided to damage my Rig. Just enough the Insurance said "Totaled" Though I was initially a bit..er.. Upset (to say the least) As I was cleaning the rig out and moving stuff to the apartment I live in now and looking forward to the settlement check I found several...er.. Issues that would have been very costly (They were still costly but well 30.00 v/s 300. is much easier to swallow) (A water damaged book cost me 30 bucks to replace.. Fixing the leak that let the water damage it would have been much MUCH more)

That insurance check arrived on Monday and they use the same bank I do. my old towed was counting down the days to failure and I'd only been wanting a JEEP for over 50 years. On Tuesday I drove up to the dealer. Pointed to a Used jeep on his inventory and said "THAT ONE" drove it to the bank came back with a "Down payment" in the form of a cashiers check and .. 100% Down no monthly payments.. Very happy.

Recent foot note: Was at a meeting this PM. spotted the car key of the man across the table from me (A fellow JEEP owner) Ask "Do you know how to tell who the good folks are"? he was not sure,. So I showed him MY Jeep key (Got a good laugh too).

I absolutely believe that there should be a driving test for RV drivers. I have seen many incompetent motor home drivers in my years on the road. Some of them shouldn’t be anywhere near the driver’s seat of a Class A motor home. I once watched a guy try to back his DP into a spot that was THREE SPACES WIDE and he could not do it. Yikes.

I absolutely believe that there should be a driving test for RV drivers. I have seen many incompetent motor home drivers in my years on the road. Some of them shouldn’t be anywhere near the driver’s seat of a Class A motor home. I once watched a guy try to back his DP into a spot that was THREE SPACES WIDE and he could not do it. Yikes.
NY State requires an 'R' endorsement on your non-CDL drivers license if the RV is over 26,000 pounds GVWR and/or forty (40) feet in length. There is a driving test, but no written test. When I turned in my Class A CDL, I asked about the RV endorsement, and they gave it to me with no test required. It's not required for my RV, but occasionally I've driven other RV's that do require it.

I once watched a guy try to back his DP into a spot that was THREE SPACES WIDE and he could not do it. Yikes.
I've seen spots that are nice and wide, but the roadway to back in has been narrow or had trees or other obstacles opposite the site preventing a decent turn. There's been occasions when I've given up but wondered if it was my failing or the spot I was attempting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trooper#1
Back
Top Bottom