All you hard core bicyclelist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I just purchased 2 recumbent trikes and am looking for a chain lubricant. All of our riding has been on dry pavement. We don’t really want to go off road. I see there is one brand called Finish Line. Anyone use it? Also, WD 40 now makes a chain lubricant. Another one is Muc-Off dry lubricant. What do you guys and gals recommend?

I use "Finish Line Wet Bike Lubricant" Full Synthetic. Squeeze it onto a cloth, lightly pinch the cloth on the chain and spin the chain backwards, then wipe off the excess. It doesn't take a lot, once a week or so if you ride everyday is sufficient. Happy riding!

I use "Finish Line Wet Bike Lubricant" Full Synthetic. Squeeze it onto a cloth, lightly pinch the cloth on the chain and spin the chain backwards, then wipe off the excess. It doesn't take a lot, once a week or so if you ride everyday is sufficient. Happy riding!
Thanks for your reply. I’m kinda shying away from wet lube. I read several reports and it sounds like it’s a great product for wet situations. From what I’ve read so far, I will probably go with Finish Line but maybe the dry lubricant. Like I said earlier, most if not all my driving will be on hot top and dry surfaces.
I like the finish line products

Finish Line has been around for 30 years or more. I'm certain of that because I've used it just as long. I've used both the wet and dry lubes at different points, both are good.

Enjoy, but please don't be the guy who decides he needs to commit suicide by riding down the middle of Hwy 101 through the redwoods.
There are dedicated bike paths all over the country with fresh air and a much higher survival rate.

I am not a bicycle enthusiast, but I can share with you from my experience.

We have a cantilever sliding gate across our drive way at home. In the photo below, you can see the motor (box) on the left side of the gate. Inside that box is a gear and connected to that gear is a chain, very similar to a very heavy duty bicycle chain. That chain runs the entire length of the gate at the bottom. The chain pulling in either direction is what moves the gate. It's kind of hard to see the chain in this photo (below) because it runs parallel to that bottom part of the frame.

With that said, that chain is exposed to the elements 24x7 always! Rain, shine, wind, dust, snow, .... you name it.

I needed a good lubricant for it as I tried several things but they all seem to wear off too fast.

Then I tried WD-40 Chain Oil, spray on stuff. And it seems to be holding the best.

kz0wtkv.jpg

This is what we use. It was recommended from a bicycle forum. I might try a dry lube next time.

Boeshield T-9 Bicycle Chain Waterproof Lubricant and Rust Protection​

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom