Atwood 8531

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Megatrack

Good afternoon, my Atwood is not firing , the blower is working but doen’t seems like there is propane and I only get one spark when it kicks . Any idea where to start

Take the outside cover off, and check every blade type wire connection for corrosion and looseness. I'd just take every one of them apart and put them back together a couple of times. Be sure and check the 4 wire one that connects to the edge of the control board, also. If that doesn't fix it, then you can start spending money.

Has it been sitting a while? Sometimes the propane lines need to be purged. For me, a quick run of the indoor stove and gets lines all filled with propane again. Make sure your stove and refer are / can run on propane.

Last edited:
Since the fan blows and the igniter sparks, 95% of the furnace is working. Failure to ignite when sparked is typically an air/fuel mixture problem, caused blockage in the air intake & exhaust tubes, Even some rust flakes or a spider web can make it inoperable. Start by cleaning those thoroughly.

I've written an article on furnace troubleshooting that will help you understand the components and how they work together. Helpful to beginners working on furnace problems. It's in this site's RESOURCES at RVForum - Furnace Troubleshooting

Failure to ignite when sparked is typically an air/fuel mixture problem, caused blockage in the air intake & exhaust tubes, Even some rust flakes or a spider web can make it inoperable. Start by cleaning those thoroughly.
I agree with the above as the first thing to look at. It is also possible that the gas valve has failed and is not opening. That could be a faulty coil or it could be the mechanical part but I have replaced more than one.

If the ignition probe is working that eliminates several of the most common causes for a furnace blowing air but not igniting. You should use a volt/ohm meter to verify that a voltage is being sent to the gas supply valve first. If it is, then measure the ohms through the coil to see if it is bad. A good coil will read very near to 0 ohms.

This is the 2nd time the OP has posted and each time they have never replied back letting us know if we helped them. There should be a law against that. 🧐🤓😝

Back
Top Bottom