Auto park

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ssingmaster0223

We have 2001 P30 chassis workhorse. We have replaced the hydraulics on the parking but it still leaks! We cannot find where it’s leaking from. Any ideas?

Generally speaking, up front by the pump or back near the brake shoe assembly? Anything's possible but generally with the J71 brake the "rotten green" or "rotten brown" pressure switches are the usual failure points.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I agree if you have eliminated the usual suspects (the pressure switches and the hydraulic cylinder), then that only leaves the unusual ones. A few years ago mine blew a pin hole in the outside radius of a bend in the hard line, and ended up having to replace the entire pressure line.

Mark, it should probably be noted that Workhorse split up the auto parking brake system in 2001, mounting the pump and green switch up front under the hood, and the gray switch, associated plumbing and actuator in a metal box near where the entry door is commonly located. Prior to then the pump assembly was mounted in the same box. The OP lists this as a 2001 coach, which may be built on either a 2000 or 2001 chassis, so either setup may apply.

p.s. it also appears the OP is wanting to complain about the problem, and not give us specific information to help solve it, which is fine. Unless that changes I am done with this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom