Best internet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idorencz

Hello Everyone,

In July 2024, I will be converting to full time RVing in my 2023 Heartland Trailrunner 261BHS also I am Active Duty Coast Guard. Will be moving around sometimes. My question is what do you all prefer to do for internet? I’ll just need it to stream Hulu Live for main TV and then connect my laptop as I’m taking college courses. Thanks for all your advice.
-Ian

Welcome to the forum. Your answer depends on location. For many people a hot spot or their phone works, assuming you have a lot of data on your plan. The RV organization FMCA has some hot spot plans that provide a lot of data, but they are carrier specific. No matter what carrier you have, there will still be spots you can’t get good service from them, so a lot depends on how flexible you are in your location. We decided to go with Starlink since we travel a lot and frequently in quite remote locations in the West with poor cell coverage. Expensive though.

Visible, nice and cheap, reliable, and truly unlimited. But it uses the Verizon network so it's possible to have dead zones somewhere in the USA! But works absolutely great if you have phone coverage.

I agree Starlink or Hughes are the only "EVERYWHERE" services.. But All of the Big 3 cell companies have fairly good coverage.. None of them are 100% however all have dead spots.
This message coming to you via T-Mobile who NOW claims to have the best cellular coverage. Verizon used to do that. But all 3 are downright close.

I agree Starlink or Hughes are the only "EVERYWHERE" services.. But All of the Big 3 cell companies have fairly good coverage.. None of them are 100% however all have dead spots.
This message coming to you via T-Mobile who NOW claims to have the best cellular coverage. Verizon used to do that. But all 3 are downright close.
Does Hughes actually offer a service that works for RV or other mobile users?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g-man911
Back
Top Bottom