Braking System- 1989 Fleetwood Limited Ed- John Deere Chassis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AussieBill

Hi,
I have a '89 Limited Edition 460 Ford. Having great problem working out the Braking system.
How does the Emergency brake work? It appears it should auto lock on when Motor is turned off, is that correct?

With Engine running I can hear a ?electric motor/vacumn pump working, pedal is very poor.

Any clues as to where i could get good info on the Net, as I am in Australia.
Any help appreciated.

I can give you the phone Number of American Coach Service which is 260-728-4773 or their Fax nbr which is 260-728-2951. The Limited was the first version coach Built by American Coach division of Fleetwood.  They are very helpful.  I will try to find an E-mail address for their tech support group.

The brakes & parking parks use hydraulic pressure to operate.  This is done thru the use of a 2nd power steering pump.  The pressure runs to the brake booster and to a slave cylinder that releases the parking brake when pressure is reached.  If the engine is off or if there is low pressure the hydro boost unit will activate its internal electric pump to provide braking assistance.  The internal pump should have no effect on the parking brake.

Parts seem to still be available here.

Thanks guys. I have got in cntact with Freightliner & they are sending me complete drawings.
At least i now know the basic workings of the system. Good work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom