DonTom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Diana just telephoned me. Her dog (not that old but has kidney disease) was at the vet in Phoenix while she was here.

She just found out that her dog died. Perhaps also happened yesterday.

A double whammy for her.

She leaves Reno today. I take her to the Reno airport at 1130hrs. She got an earlier flight back to Phoenix.

She says her other two sisters will not be coming here until sometime in May.

So I will head for Auburn either later today or tomorrow and this time, I will stay there for a while.

I no longer have a need to rush back to Reno.

-Don- Reno, NV
Man, it never rains but it pours.

@DonTom

We are in New Orleans. Came a day early and had a rough time trying to get a site for the night tonight. Our pre made reservations don't start till tomorrow.

Found a CRAPPY campground and first thing I came in contact with was a 7 foot RAT snake. I took pics but am too dumb to post.

Can they get in our bus? It came out of a TALL tree.

@DonTom

We are in New Orleans. Came a day early and had a rough time trying to get a site for the night tonight. Our pre made reservations don't start till tomorrow.

Found a CRAPPY campground and first thing I came in contact with was a 7 foot RAT snake. I took pics but am too dumb to post.

Can they get in our bus? It came out of a TALL tree.
In Louisiana, they have the Black Rat Snake, is that what you saw? They can climb quite well, so if they can find a way to get in (no smaller than their head), yes, but no need to worry. They are large, but they are nice friendly non-venomous snakes to us humans.

Besides, very unlikely for them to try to get in, but it could be possible. Unlikely that your RV has holes in it large enough anyway, that will go to the outside to the inside.

Do you know how to email the photos from whatever you took the pictures on? What was it, a Smartphone or what?

If so, email them to me & I can post them here for you. You may send them to:

[email protected]

Have fun in New Orleans!

-Don- Auburn, CA

Last edited:
Oh, all kinds of different flags that people put on their campers down here.

Newest one I have seen is a black flag that says" son of a sinner".

Not sure if it might be religious or something.

Oh, I had a great fried catfish and fries and boudin balls at this place:

I got mad at hubby because he forgot to tell me to take a pick of our plate.(hahhahaha)

It fed both of us and 4 and a half hours later I am still full. Cost 14.99 plus tax.

We have come in contact with people that PRETEND not to speak English today. What do you guys out there think about that?

We have come in contact with people that PRETEND not to speak English today. What do you guys out there think about that?
French? Cajun? I hear they usually only want you to try a little French and often then will switch back to English. Don't take it too seriously.

If you know two or three common French words, it will probably be enough to make them happy.

Just try saying "bonjour" (Hello) and see if that's enough.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claassen
Back
Top Bottom