Electrical issues!!! Stumped…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would unplugging the converter from the board then testing if it flips the 12v breaker tell me if the converter is bad?
look closely at the converter wiring. many converters of that age range had a ac power cord with a plug on the end of it. the plug was then plugged into a outlet close by and not visible. if it has a plug, pull it.

it is also very possible that it is not a dedicated circuit to the converter only. they could have piggy backed some other appliance on to it like maybe the fridge if its close by.

The state or condition of the 12v fuses and circuits will not have anything to do with the 120v AC supply breaker to the converter tripping off. If the breaker has no other wires on it, either pigtailed together or double tapped in the breaker screw (code violation) then the converter has a short in it that is causing the trip............ not worth fixing. replace the converter.

Charles

look closely at the converter wiring. many converters of that age range had a ac power cord with a plug on the end of it. the plug was then plugged into a outlet close by and not visible. if it has a plug, pull it.

it is also very possible that it is not a dedicated circuit to the converter only. they could have piggy backed some other appliance on to it like maybe the fridge if its close by.
The one I bought for my TT did. Just plugged into an outlet in the battery compartment.

The one I bought for my TT did. Just plugged into an outlet in the battery compartment.

yup. it was typical back then because the converters came corded with a plug from the factory.

my feeling is that there will be another device on that breaker. getting the converter disconnected either by pulling a plug or disconnecting at a junction box or at the unit, should still send power to where ever else its going and will help to pinpoint the problem.

probably the converter. bad batteries will heat them up and damage components over time. very typical. the other thing that happens is the unit gets filthy inside and the cooling fan gets crapped up causing inadequate heat removal. add in bad batteries and the end is near.

yup. it was typical back then because the converters came corded with a plug from the factory.

my feeling is that there will be another device on that breaker. getting the converter disconnected either by pulling a plug or disconnecting at a junction box or at the unit, should still send power to where ever else its going and will help to pinpoint the problem.

probably the converter. bad batteries will heat them up and damage components over time. very typical. the other thing that happens is the unit gets filthy inside and the cooling fan gets crapped up causing inadequate heat removal. add in bad batteries and the end is near.
My TT was a 1976 Ideal that I bought in 1996. No converter included, so I just went and bought one at Radio Shack. Worked real good for the next 3 years that I lived in that trailer.

My TT was a 1976 Ideal that I bought in 1996. No converter included, so I just went and bought one at Radio Shack. Worked real good for the next 3 years that I lived in that trailer.

Perhaps this will help commenters with the power connection to the converter. Only thing we cannot see is the breaker itself.
View attachment 164445View attachment 164446
Thanks for the help, the route to the electrical diagrams and the photos guys. I found the battery cut off solenoid/relay in the engine compartment and the rocker switch on the dash. Of course nothing in the owner's manual refers to either one. (1995 Winne Adventurer 34.) You've made me a believer in RV Forum and all the good RVer's out there.

Thanks for the help, the route to the electrical diagrams and the photos guys. I found the battery cut off solenoid/relay in the engine compartment and the rocker switch on the dash. Of course nothing in the owner's manual refers to either one. (1995 Winne Adventurer 34.) You've made me a believer in RV Forum and all the good RVer's out there.

The state or condition of the 12v fuses and circuits will not have anything to do with the 120v AC supply breaker to the converter tripping off. If the breaker has no other wires on it, either pigtailed together or double tapped in the breaker screw (code violation) then the converter has a short in it that is causing the trip............ not worth fixing. replace the converter.

Charles

Ok, if you don't have them, Here are the wiring diagrams for your WBO. You will have to pick the exact model as there are five different variants of the Adventurer 34

• Adventurer (G)

And this is an example of what the 34WA will look like when you open it................................... Open YOUR model and you will see a similar listing, however the links are peculiar to the model. Links disabled below, so you won't accidentally download the wrong info.

1995 Winnebago Adventurer G34WA Wiring Diagram Book​

Antenna Installation
Auto Lamps Wiring Diagram
Automotive Wiring Diagram - Chevy
Automotive Wiring Diagram - Ford
Backup Monitor Installation
Body Wiring Diagram
Body Wiring Installation
Chassis Wiring Installation
Dash Radio Installation
Entertainment Center
Front End Wiring Installation
TV Coax Wiring Diagram
TV-VCR Wiring Installation

You will need to click to open each link, which is a PDF file, then download that one by selecting the down arrow in the upper right of the black bar above the gray shaded area, once the download is complete, use the back arrow of the browser to return to the menu above (desktop or laptop) then select the next one and repeat. You will have 13 different downloads, save them to a dedicated thumb drive, small ones are cheap at the Office Depot/Staples/etc.

If you are not computer savvy get some help and move them from your computer to the USB thumb drive.

Now for the same thing for the plumbing drawings.

1995 Plumbing Diagrams​

• Adventurer (G)

However there is only one plumbing drawing per model, so the link will immediately open the drawing which you then download and save to the thumb drive.

I also suggest you download the following information downloads to assist with using the drawings.

And for the plumbing drawings these will help.

For the Illustrated Parts Catalog for the entire motor home.................
1995 PARTS CATALOG
I also suggest you download the Winnebago RV 2008 Parts and Accessories Catalog

I am not able to explain the inconsistency between the models numbers in the wiring and plumbing vs the parts catalog.

This important imformation may someday disappear from the web should WBO management decide to discontinue it, so I highly suggest you download and save all of these documents and carry them in the motor home.

Charles

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support but I found the issues what had caused it was a ground came loose that leads into the camper from shore power. Also the burnt wire went to the water heater where the switch had burnt up on it

Attachments

• 66A76BDF-4E6E-4975-BCF8-E52C691388F4.jpeg
    66A76BDF-4E6E-4975-BCF8-E52C691388F4.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 5DCE951A-B611-48FE-BD04-917D4C927429.jpeg
    5DCE951A-B611-48FE-BD04-917D4C927429.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 59CE8C8A-82C9-4DF9-B835-2F8CC21720B7.jpeg
    59CE8C8A-82C9-4DF9-B835-2F8CC21720B7.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 11
  • F0D030AD-0EC9-4948-BAB3-C9A3F268319D.jpeg
    F0D030AD-0EC9-4948-BAB3-C9A3F268319D.jpeg