EZ- Breeze Dometic bathroom Fan Replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caspian2

My bathroom vent fan bracket broke (assuming age and heat in Florida). My RV is 2020 Jayco Eagle. The fan is a Dometic EZ Breeze 600 that no longer is made. I want to avoid a complete replacement with a new model, as they require opening up the roof. I have seen a few replacement on line that say fits the 14" opening and no need to change the roof cover.

Has anyone done a replacement of the EZ Breeze 600?

Thanks

Attachments

• Fan.jpeg
    Fan.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 10
I had the same problem and replaced mine with this replacement fan assembly that bought on Amazon.
Just search for:

Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit (501.1099) , White​

It was a really easy replacement and the fan has multiple speed settings as well as being able to have it blow in or out.
Safe travels and all the best.

I had the same problem and replaced mine with this replacement fan assembly that bought on Amazon.
Just search for:

Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit (501.1099) , White​

It was a really easy replacement and the fan has multiple speed settings as well as being able to have it blow in or out.
Thanks for the recommendation. I did find this model on Amazon.
How did the mounting work with the old/existing bracket? looks like mine (old/existing one) has 4 screws in each corner that matches with the fixture above it, but the VortexII has two mounting holes in the center. Do I need to install a new mounting bracket for Vortex?

My bathroom vent fan bracket broke (assuming age and heat in Florida). My RV is 2020 Jayco Eagle.
No way. RV roof vents/fans easily last 15-20 years in Florida. Yours was just a crappy product (which is probably why they are obsolete).

You don't "open up the roof" to replace - they all use a standard 14x14 opening. But you have to break the caulked seal around the flange and remove the screws that hold it in place, and then re-seal the replacement once its in.

Not sure what you mean by new mounting bracket. I just dropped out the old assembly, disconnected the wires, connected them to the new assembly and screwed it in place, using 4 screws exactly like the one you removed. The two holes in the center of the assembley next to the edge of the fan are for the knob that opens and closes the exterior vent cover. You will only use one of the holes based on the design of the original assy. They supply a plug for the unused one.
I hope this answered your question properly..

The standard for both Vent fans and Air Conditioners is 14" square the only other holes in the roof are ROUND (Vent pipes and the like) so most anything will fit.. What exactly broke on that unit. I see nothing in the photo broken or is it here the thing screws in/on to.. Often those can be fixed.

Lets see a pic of the vent/opening in the roof from the inside. I installed a Vortex II in place of a tiny "fart fan" in a 14x14 vent with an openable dome. I had to remove the old fan off of a center cross over bracket, and the Hengs fits to that center bracket (do not get the Vortex I, it is single speed, no reverse)

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. Ordered a Vortex II fan for replacement.
I also noticed there were number of folks with similar crapy fan on Jayco RVs that had to be replaced. Very surprised Jayco even used such junky Dometic fan.

I think you'll be surprised at how easy the installation is. I expected a surprise or two but was glad it turned out to be so easy.
Let us know how it works out for you.

Safe travels and all the best of the holidays. (y)

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations. Ordered a Vortex II fan for replacement.
I also noticed there were number of folks with similar crapy fan on Jayco RVs that had to be replaced. Very surprised Jayco even used such junky Dometic fan.
As long as they last longer than the warranty then they’re happy.

Back
Top Bottom