Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rene, the Quote works a little differently here. Oops, Lou beat me to it.

Gotta agree with Wally - the lack of a NEW marker when you reach each forum is a shortcoming. But I guess it is what it is. I've been using the New Posts method, but sometimes it's more convenient to do it one forum at a time.

Gotta agree with Wally - the lack of a NEW marker when you reach each forum is a shortcoming. But I guess it is what it is. I've been using the New Posts method, but sometimes it's more convenient to do it one forum at a time.
You could always try posting a feature request at the developer's site. I get the impression that they'll only consider a request if a bunch of people pile on with 'me too'. From what I've read (looking for a different feature), there's resistance to changing core code if the developers don't see a need for the feature.

Ring any bells? ;)

I just click on "New Posts" under the Forums tab. Shows all of the new posts since your last visit, with a marker at the point of your last visit.

In the past day we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back!
The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions. There is a new page look and a fun right side column that shows a few of the latest posts.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. we can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired.
  • You can upload a new banner image to display at the top of your profile page (if you have made 5 or more posts). Use a wide image for a great result. Tip: You can center the image in the upload window.
  • Add a photo album or two
  • Update your signature
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, use your regular login - no app required.

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning ;)
Website looks great, thanks for your hard work

I just click on "New Posts" under the Forums tab. Shows all of the new posts since your last visit, with a marker at the point of your last visit.
That's exactly what I do Lou, and it works just fine for me. The same link is also in the dropdown What's New menu. But, different strokes for different folks.

Having a button at the bottom of the page "mark forums read" would be nice.

I usually use the new post button, scroll through what interests me, now I have to go back to the top of the page. Old forum did offer at bottom and top.

Love the new look. Works great with tablet and phone. Good job!

No need to scroll up (or down). Open the drop-down menu in the Fourms button, and one of the options is to Mark all forums read.

Ya, I was thinking it was like it was in the old forum. Thanks Lou and Tom. Things come a little slow for me.
Hey Rene, you don't have the monopoly on "comes slowly for me" :)

Is there any way to change skin format to other than the hideous red banners or somber dark background?
That's a question for forum management to answer. You're not alone in disliking all that red. I've bumped your request upstairs.

Last edited:
That's a question for forum management to answer. You're not alone in disliking all that red. I've bumped your request upstairs.
Is there any way to change skin format to other than the hideous red banners or somber dark background?

Add me to that request.....I like the black background but the red banner over each post is a bit much. It also makes it hard to read the information within the banner.

@Tom do you know how, long Conversations are stored? Previously messages remained until you removed them. I used to go back to old messages to retrieve information but not sure that will be available here.

@Tom do you know how, long Conversations are stored? Previously messages remained until you removed them. I used to go back to old messages to retrieve information but not sure that will be available here.
Hm, I have no idea Jackie. I'll check it out, but I can't imagine why Conversations would not remain in the database until eternity.

Back
Top Bottom