Ft. Stockton, Texas campgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

Recommendation needed for one night stopover off I 10 near Stockton, Texas. Anyone have a good experience they can share?

Recommendation needed for one night stopover off I 10 near Stockton, Texas. Anyone have a good experience they can share?
Hilltop RV park is good for one night. If I remember correctly they were all pull through sites, all nice and level. No trees. One cool thing was a large working sheep dog came in for attention in the late afternoon, apparently a nightly happening.

Hilltop RV park is good for one night. If I remember correctly they were all pull through sites, all nice and level. No trees. One cool thing was a large working sheep dog came in for attention in the late afternoon, apparently a nightly happening.
Thanks. Some of them look a bit scary so I will check this one out.

We found Fort Stockton RV Park also good for a night. It's been a couple of years but I recall it being easy to find from I-10. We didn't partake of the pool or on-site cafe, but we did venture downtown for a photo opportunity with Paisano Pete!

We found Fort Stockton RV Park also good for a night. It's been a couple of years but I recall it being easy to find from I-10. We didn't partake of the pool or on-site cafe, but we did venture downtown for a photo opportunity with Paisano Pete!
What fun! I will check it out.

Another vote for fort Stockton RV park just east of town on koa road. Just be careful there is another very similar name park in town.

This is just a quick follow up, as I was typing on my phone in a waiting room for the above post. Fort Stockton RV park is my go to stop in the area, and I have stayed there 3 times in the last 5-6 years, it is a former KOA as might be guessed by the road name, the place was showing a bit of wear last time I was there about 2 years ago, particularly the laundry room which was in need of some serious repair with about half the machines out of order. The pool has always seemed to be well maintained and heated when I have been there (once in May, twice in late September), food in the cafe is good, but not great, certainly a good option for dinner if you don't want to cook after a long day on the road. The vast majority of sites are pull through sites, though only a few are "big rig" friendly, we have a 28 ft class A pulling a small car (Toyota Yaris), and were comfortable in their standard pull through site, a couple of feet longer and I would have wanted to unhook the TOAD.

Another vote for Ft Stockton RV Park - we stayed there overnight several year ago and found it convenient. We had to wait in line for supper in the cafe, and decided, once we got seated, that we would invite another couple in line to join us at our table. We ended up meeting a nice couple and enjoyed their company for the evening.

One more vote for the Fort Stockton RV Park. And we really do like the cafe. Never had a bad meal there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom