Gift for the craft inclined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I?m looking for a gift for someone who really likes crafts. She already received a Cuttlebug and has made some very cool things. Looking in the $100 under range, what would a ?crafty? person love?

jackiemac said:
What kind of crafts does she do?

I?d say almost anything, but country craft type hand painted sign, 3D fabric cutouts. Things you?d find in a country store

http://www.jacobguide.com/az/tucson/sonoranglassschool.html

Something I've always fancied and not too far from your current base.

Also consider some of these, I've been doing pottery and its really great fun! Some photos of stuff from class and bowl for yarn I'm making.

Oops forgot link

http://www.sierravistaaz.gov/city-departments/leisure/leisure-classes/

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524077677953.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524077677953.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 22
  • FB_IMG_1524077704029.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524077704029.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 19
  • FB_IMG_1524077716194.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524077716194.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 18
  • FB_IMG_1524077721647.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524077721647.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 15
  • FB_IMG_1524077730715.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524077730715.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 16
Mmm not up on that.  There are some classes nearby but not sure if that's what you are after...

Hopefully someone else will have an idea on those things!

https://www.hobbylobby.com/find-savings/weekly-ad?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl_WH4tHE2gIVCb3sCh0B9whBEAAYASAAEgKejvD_BwE 

My wife and her friends are crafters, spend hours at Hobby Lobby.  Get her a gift card for Hobby Lobby.

Appreciate the ideas, but hoping to find a ?take home? sorta thing. She works long hours so classes are a no go, and I?ve fallen into the gift card hole and would like to avoid it

Joanns or Michaels are also good for craft supplies. Even Home Depot or Lowes for sign making supplies like wood and sign poles. gift cards if you want to go that route. With crafts like that, the supplies tend to be smaller ticket items but ones that add up fast. If you want to buy one thing maybe get something like a grafting table, storage bins, or shelving for her craft supplies.

Also, maybe give her a paint and wine night if there are any in her area. Something like this.... http://paintpalooza.com
I dont know the costs of any of them, but they sure look fun.

Oh, another thing would be something like sketch pads and pencil sets, paint sets, brush sets, or rolls of multiple colored vinyls and other materials for her cutter.

I have a Silhouette cutting machine, something similar to the Cuttlebug. You could get her extra mats and cutting blades. You can find them on Amazon. Look at the machine itself on Amazon, then look for the ?frequently bought together? items. Those will be the little extras that get used up.

You could get her some wool to make you these?

Attachments

• 30710876_10209565474534143_8026809528467062784_n.jpg
    30710876_10209565474534143_8026809528467062784_n.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 27
cadee2c said:
I do crochet, and I have been so tempted to make these to give as gag gifts.
I'd love to see the faces of those who received them when they opened the parcel!  ;D

Thanks everyone for the ideas (except you Jackie, those shorts.... that?s an image I?d like to erase! ;) ). I think spares for her Cuttlebug, plus some paint stuff. I know she?d enjoy classes but with work she?s too busy.

Sun2Retire said:
Thanks everyone for the ideas (except you Jackie, those shorts.... that?s an image I?d like to erase! ;) ). I think spares for her Cuttlebug, plus some paint stuff. I know she?d enjoy classes but with work she?s too busy.
There are more ?????

Maybe even think about writing some little cards for some personal things she can "cash in" when the mood takes her or she has time. So you could write a wee card that says IOU a day at a painting class or whatever you like. It could be for you to do something she usually does, like the laundry or washing up or cooking.  Not saying you don't do your share but just to give you the jist of what I mean. This could get you big brownie points! ?

jackiemac said:
Maybe even think about writing some little cards for some personal things she can "cash in" when the mood takes her or she has time. So you could write a wee card that says IOU a day at a painting class or whatever you like. It could be for you to do something she usually does, like the laundry or washing up or cooking.  Not saying you don't do your share but just to give you the jist of what I mean. This could get you big brownie points! ?

Sorry, this is for my older daughter. I've already done plenty of her laundry, she's on her own in that regard now! ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom