Grill Recommendations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2PawsRiver

We go fulltime on Sept 4th and we plan on doing most of the cooking outdoors. I know the weber grills get a lot or recommendations and I would agree as far as grilling, but we plan on doing all the cooking outside. This include grilling, boiling water for corn, etc, frying fish, bacon and eggs and I don't know if the weber style grills will do all of that.

I was thinking

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Camp...0.uts?slotId=5

My only concern is do the legs come off or fold for storage...?..and am I wrong. Do the weber grills do it all.

I have the Coleman Road Trip grille.  It folds for storage in one of the compartments under my slide.  It also has replacement grilles that you can get. one is a solid surface griddle type that you can use for bacon and eggs, etc.  The other is a wire deal that'll hold pots and pans like a stove.

I usually just cook the meat portion of our dinner on the grille while my wife does the veggies or other sides inside on the range.

The link you posted did not work, so I thought I would share what we use,

We have a Cuisinart Dual Blaze CGG-522 dual burner grill, and one thing I can say about it is it has PLENTY of cooking power.  The problem is setting it low enough to not cook steaks, burgers, etc. too fast.  Even with only 1 of the 2 burners set to low it cooks faster than we would prefer.  Overall it seem to be a good design, though it can be awkward to fold and unfold the legs, I just wish it had a cooking level below incinerate, don't get me wrong the burners have a fairly wide adjustment range, it is just that even on the lowest setting it puts out too much heat for a lot of things, so we end up cooking stuff on the grill of the side that is turned off.

p.s. I just went looking for other reviews on this same grill, and noted there is currently one for sale on Amazon as a open box deal priced about half off.

That's the grille we've got. We've had it for several years and no complaints within time.
https://www.camperid.com/magma/travelers-series-baja-gas-grill-mpn-c10-603t.html?singleid=685392337
First we thought of buying a Coleman grille, as we have 2 tents by this brand and they are ok even though they are over 10 years old. Yet, we gave up this idea as we've read that the major manufacturing of Coleman takes place in China and Taiwan. That was the reason why we decided to look around and found a lot of good reviews on this Magma grille. As of yet, we are satisfied with the grille, even though it is not the cheapest one.

we have a small Weber charcoal grill and a Blackstone table top  https://www.amazon.com/Blackstone-Table-Top-Grill-Tailgating/dp/B0195MZHBK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1536263230&sr=8-4&keywords=blackstone+griddle

we rarely use the Weber but do like the Blackstone a lot.

I?m afraid I can?t recommend a grill, but I can tell you one to avoid. We have an Olympian 5600 that runs off our trailer gas supply and the legs fold for storage, but....it only has two settings. Off and blast off. I?ve tried adjusting the flame down by pulling off the knob and turning down the adjustment screw, but it still cooks unevenly, and too hot. The only way I can keep it from burning things that I want to slow cook is to close down the valve on the gas line coming in to the grill. We?ll use it till it wears out, but will replace it with something different.

The link you posted did not work, so I thought I would share what we use,

We have a Cuisinart Dual Blaze CGG-522 dual burner grill, and one thing I can say about it is it has PLENTY of cooking power. The problem is setting it low enough to not cook steaks, burgers, etc. too fast. Even with only 1 of the 2 burners set to low it cooks faster than we would prefer. Overall it seem to be a good design, though it can be awkward to fold and unfold the legs, I just wish it had a cooking level below incinerate, don't get me wrong the burners have a fairly wide adjustment range, it is just that even on the lowest setting it puts out too much heat for a lot of things, so we end up cooking stuff on the grill of the side that is turned off.

p.s. I just went looking for other reviews on this same grill BBQ to go, and noted there is currently one for sale on Amazon as a open box deal priced about half off.
I am looking for a top-quality charcoal grill. I would like something rectangular. I have a nice smoker Meadow Creek BX50 so this is about grilling. I would like to be able to adjust the high of the coals as well. I did see the M Grills B2 and thought it was cool but I’m new to charcoal grills. Lovesome recommendations. I’m sorry but I have to admit I’ve been on propane for 47 years. (Feels good to get that off my chest). Thanks for listening. Thanks

Man, You don't skimp on the price of your gear... Nice stuff... Long time charcoal guy and I've used a Broil King Keg (steel kamado) for both my smoking and grilling needs while camping (I have 3 ceramic kamados for home use)... My new (to me) motorhome doesn't have room for it, so I'll have to come up with something new... How do you carry all of the BBQ gear in your rig?
Butch

I do NOT like cooking inside my van either. But there are a lot of places that say NO to just about any type of fire. Also times when cooking on fire is just to slow or whatever. We have a small BBQ grill my mom gave us and if we squeeze just right, we can get 2 burgers on it. Which is fine. But we also carry a small microwave, a small air fryer, a small crock pot and a small induction burner. The induction burner doesn't work with our jackery, but everything else does. Options are good. I can cook a pretty fast and good meal with just the microwave if needed. Everything fits outside or on the back of my van away from sleeping and setting...

For those looking for something more versatile than the standard BBQ grill, be bought a Capt'n Cook Oven Plus a few months ago, it is a quality built stainless steel outdoor multi use cooker, it has a pizza oven upper compartment and a top fired salamander style grill lower compartment. It heats up fast, and has a handle that doubles as both a lifting handle for the upper pizza oven and a carrying handle for transporting. It is a bit bulky for car camping, but works well for more spacious RV camping, tailgate cooking etc. Though I suspect it was not really designed for either pizza or steak, but more likely to cook similar style dishes in China, and has been adapted to be marketed to the western foods. My guess it is was designed to grill meat in the bottom section while simultaneously cooking some sort of flat bread in the top.

We've got one of the horizontal barrel shaped grills with legs that sit it a couple inches above a flat surface, grill area enough for four 8-oz steaks. Charcoal sits on a rack near the bottom; below that is a radiused tray that pulls for ash dumping. Sturdy and durable w/two cast iron grill panels. Just fits inside our bay. Wish I could remember the brand.
Cooking inside: Executive Department is learning to run the microwave fan when cooking bacon and I'm getting used to the smoke alarm going off. Fuzzbutt the Cat bitches about that.

Back
Top Bottom