Honda generator eu320i

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cully

I've watched all the YouTube videos which there aren't many of the new honda eu320i and I'm getting ready to purchase one. Before I do I thought I'd run it buy you experts first and see if you have any input on it. All positive and negative comments welcome. Thanks for taking a look. cully

Honda inverter/generators typically cost more than others because they set the standard that others attempt to copy. I have no experience with the new models but based on my experience with smaller ones, if I needed one to rely on it would be the new Honda. The only caution that I would have is to point out that the 3200 watts is the surge rating and that continuous operating power is 2600 watts.

No question that Honda generators are good products, however there is a price for that. There are other generators out there that I think do the job and very reliable at a lower cost. I purchased a WEN generator last year for less than half the price of Honda. It has worked great, Starts easy and pretty quiet and fuel efficient. Just food for thought.

This summer I bought a Firman 3242 dual fuel, inverter-generator for home use (I live in South Florida!). Electric start, 3200W sustained and 4000W peak, at a cost of $850. I haven't owned it long enough to give testimony, but the reviews and reports are top-notch. Yeah, it's Chinese-built, but it's a worldwide brand with US service & parts available. What's not to like? The not-quite-as-capable Honda EU3000 lists for $2800 and sells for around $2300 at discount stores/sites.

I own 2 portable generators. A gas only Champion 3100W peak and 2800W constant. Fairly quiet and weights about 100 Lbs wet. It has wheels and a handle for easy transport. When I purchased it, the same Honda unit (EU3000iS) came up close to 150 Lbs wet. So for portability and about 40% of the cost, I went Champion and it has not disappointed.

My second unit for when I don't need AC is a Yamaha EF2000iS, super quiet, gas sipper and weights less than 50 Lbs wet.

The new Honda EU320i is now about half the weight of the older EU300iS so that is something to consider. If portability is an issue, then it's definitely worth looking at it.

Back
Top Bottom