I FEEL CHEATED!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You bought a new RV? You bought it on impulse? You bought it from Camping World? You didn't have it inspected? What could go wrong?
It appears that they thought for quite a while on what they were looking for in a camper and found one and they offered them a good amount for trade in so why not go for it. Inspection on a new camper?

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Some people are not too sympathetic for you. They are perfect and never make bad decisions.

It appears that camping world does not have a great reputation. I only have made a few purchases on accessories online and have had no issues with them. I have not bought a camper from them but did sell a TT to them that was less than 2 years old. They were very easy to deal with and gave us really good money for the TT when the place we bought it from did not even make an offer on it.

RV dealers service department loses money? They charge like $125 per hour and pay the mechanics $20 per hour. How can they be losing money?
My guess would be that they are paying mechanics more than that right now. Of course everything else on top of what they pay is pure profit. They don't have rent or mortgage payments. They get their business and worker's compensation for free. They also don't have utilities, heat, or cooling expenses either.

I'm guessing that CW is no worse than any other dealer out there, just that they make up for it in volume. It's a harsh lesson for the uninitiated RV'er, that there'd be an industry built around deception, defective product and unscrupulous players. One has to decide what the value of making memories is, and go into it eyes and wallet wide open. The level of complexity of these things is bad enough, add in marginal build and poor OEM and dealer support and it's pretty much a case of you pays your money and takes your chances. Even "covered" warranty repairs are death by a thousand cuts, at a cost of lost use and distraction. If you aren't handy, or know someone that is then RV'ing will be an expensive and frustrating experience.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Luckily, there no Camping World within a 200 mile radius of our home. We did have Bob Scott RV. I purchased some trailer parts there. They advertised heavily on the radio with a happy camping jingle until that one day in 2023 when they just locked the gates and fled.

This went downhill and I've locked it. PLEASE keep your posts on this forum civil.

I'm sympathetic to your RV quality woes, but as new RV horror stories go, I think you got thru it quite well. You were able to get service locally even though you bought from another store 700 miles away, something that almost surely would not have happened if you bought from an independent dealer. You even got them to send a tech to your home and he made a temporary fix pending the warranty claim approval. And this got done in about 6 weeks, despite the goof up with the fired secretary. None of those are common occurrences in the RV world. Many tales like yours describe months of lost use waiting for an appointment and bungled or incomplete repairs.

Is the service piece sadly lacking in RV sales & service? Surely, but RVs aren't cars and standards for both quality & service are radically different.

Ooops! Tom locked this thread while I was typing.

I'm sympathetic to your RV quality woes, but as new RV horror stories go, I think you got thru it quite well. You were able to get service locally even though you bought from another store 700 miles away, something that almost surely would not have happened if you bought from an independent dealer. You even got them to send a tech to your home and he made a temporary fix pending the warranty claim approval. And this got done in about 6 weeks, despite the goof up with the fired secretary. None of those are common occurrences in the RV world. Many tales like yours describe months of lost use waiting for an appointment and bungled or incomplete repairs.

Is the service piece sadly lacking in RV sales & service? Surely, but RVs aren't cars and standards for both quality & service are radically different.

Ooops! Tom locked this thread while I was typing.
Your comments were still appropriate Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom