I have tried to post a photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have a photo editing program such as Photoshop, you can resize it.

Another option is to open the photo in the Photos app in Windows and click Share. Then attach it to Outlook and it will ask you what size you want it to be--small, large, etc. Choose small and once it is attached to an email, click Copy and paste it into a new file with a new name.

I have a software program called SnagIt because I used it for years at work, but it costs a bit over $60. It is pretty sophisticated and is mostly for photo and image editing of screen captures, so I don't recommend it for everyone. It allows me, for example, for blur areas of an image I want to hide. It also lets you put call outs on an image and do a lot of other fancy things, like make an image look like it was torn on one edge.

I have no idea what you can do to resize something using an iPad or phone. Sorry.

For Apple OS, you can open with Preview and export as a smaller image. .JPG is recommended and you can specify the maximum file size.

Another quick and dirty way is to open the photo in any program, then do a screen capture (snipping tool). Paste into the forum from clip board. No extra software to install and learn, no orphan photo files hanging around.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Snipped:
1646236625138.png

I have the same issue. On my PC I use free software called "Greenshot". I take a screenshot of the pic and then save it as a JPG file which happens to be small enough.

I use FastStone image viewer. It's free and pretty powerful. It has a nice feature that you can do a "quick resize" to screen resolution which for me is 1024X768 and makes files about 500mb.

I sure wish one could change the phone settings in the first place. I never use high res photos. 4k camera in the phone is a waste of space (literally) for me - LOL

I use FastStone image viewer. It's free and pretty powerful. It has a nice feature that you can do a "quick resize" to screen resolution which for me is 1024X768 and makes files about 500mb.

I sure wish one could change the phone settings in the first place. I never use high res photos. 4k camera in the phone is a waste of space (literally) for me - LOL
+2 For FastStone. Even though I have all the Adobe apps, FastStone has been my default image viewer/resizer for years.

Most phones will resize photos for saving/sharing.

I do virtually everything from a desktop or laptop both running Windows 7. I go to the Windows Explorer (the file manager program) and right click on the file, and then select "open with> Paint". Up at the top left in the menu bar is a resize button. Clicking it opens a box and I select "pixels" and then resize to 800x600. Then on the left side I do a "save as" and specify a new, descriptive file name. Using Save As preserves the original file and creates a new one in the smaller size.

Charles

Back
Top Bottom