Is ICE the problem??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, but what a difference from your links. IIRC, there was nothing at all on Lost Island when Tom & I went there. I cannot remember what year it was, but it was in the 1980's. It had to be the late 1980's because I remember to 1984 Chevy van we used to tow the boat there.

-Don- Reno, NV
From the first time I was there in the mid-80's there was a bar and a bathroom/shower area, but that was about it. Yeah, I think the last time I was on the island was about 1994. It was always a zoo of boats anchored out, mostly because there were only about 20 slips and if you weren't there by 0900 you couldn't get one. I normally wasn't into boozing it up that early. 1710700966162.gif I think I only remember actually pulling up to the dock one time, and that was probably one of the last times I was there and it was mid-week.

On the plus side, my buddy and I could always just sit offshore with binos and watch the naked girls dancing on the tops of the houseboat. Yes, it was that type of place. 1710701075434.gif

On the plus side, my buddy and I could always just sit offshore with binos and watch the naked girls dancing on the tops of the houseboat. Yes, it was that type of place. View attachment 171837
Back in the 80’s, I worked on towboats pushing 1100’ of tow, oil and chemical barges, on the ICW between Brownsville, Tx and Panama City, Fl. If we happened to be going through a population center ( Galveston Bay, Destin) on a weekend the boats would come buy and the girls would flash us. When the deckhands would see a boatload of partiers headed our way, they’d come running from down below up to the wheelhouse and grab the binoculars. When we had a new hand on board, I’d stamp the eyepieces on the black inkpad when I’d see him heading toward the boat and he’d walk around the rest of the watch looking like a raccoon. Nobody would say a word when he’d be standing out on the barge waving at boatloads of girls.

From the first time I was there in the mid-80's there was a bar and a bathroom/shower area, but that was about it. Yeah, I think the last time I was on the island was about 1994. It was always a zoo of boats anchored out, mostly because there were only about 20 slips and if you weren't there by 0900 you couldn't get one. I normally wasn't into boozing it up that early. View attachment 171836 I think I only remember actually pulling up to the dock one time, and that was probably one of the last times I was there and it was mid-week.

On the plus side, my buddy and I could always just sit offshore with binos and watch the naked girls dancing on the tops of the houseboat. Yes, it was that type of place. View attachment 171837
One of our favorite anchor-out places with friends in the 80's and early 90's was in a slough across the channel from Lost Isle. We didn't party on the island, but would occasionally visit their dock by dinghy on Sunday morning and see all the bodies strewn on docks and boats, hung over or drugged over from Saturday night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom