Jayco vs Grand Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Jayco Jay Feather 19MRK =

vs

Grand Design Imagine XLS 17MKE =

Thoughts? All perspectives are appreciated and welcomed.

Ask them if they're still using the crap upholstery fabric that turns to garbage in just a few years and when it did they ( Jayco) told and is still telling owners to go pound sand.

It is impressive video but it is very easy to use pictures and/or video to show what you want people to see without showing the things you wish to keep hidden. Video might get me to look, but it would never convince me to buy without looking very closely.

It is impressive video but it is very easy to use pictures and/or video to show what you want people to see without showing the things you wish to keep hidden. Video might get me to look, but it would never convince me to buy without looking very closely.
I see, but I chose those 2 because its the most recent videos of this rig...

Trust me, if you buy one with the 3 yr. upholstery, you'll get an idea. I can only speak to Jayco, they were aware the upholstery fabric used in their RV's was defective by 2010, but because it saved them money over changing to something reliable continues to use it. Jayco knows the upholstery fabric doesn't ordinarily begin to deteriorate until after the warranty expires, so they're good with it. Recovering the seats, couches, benches, window treatments and etc in a MH can cost $5,000.00+. Jayco will reimburse approximately $0.00 of that expense and in addition contribute the middle finger. Just sayin'.

For us, we like the dinette to be on the camp side, ie passenger side, kitchen on drivers side or rear. We like seeing our campsite when sitting and looking out the window.

We recently traded our 2011 Jayco Eagle 5er for a Grand Design Momentum toy hauler. We had looked but never found a Jayco TH with the 2nd full bath so went with the GD.
The Jayco held up well and we used a lot, even lived in it for a year building a new house. Both are good RV's but remember our Jayco was PRE-thor quality.

Trust me, if you buy one with the 3 yr. upholstery, you'll get an idea. I can only speak to Jayco, they were aware the upholstery fabric used in their RV's was defective by 2010, but because it saved them money over changing to something reliable continues to use it. Jayco knows the upholstery fabric doesn't ordinarily begin to deteriorate until after the warranty expires, so they're good with it. Recovering the seats, couches, benches, window treatments and etc in a MH can cost $5,000.00+. Jayco will reimburse approximately $0.00 of that expense and in addition contribute the middle finger. Just sayin'.

I see.. what rig do you have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom